f o u r t y t h r e e

a.n.

Wow doesn't this seem awfully weird. I read back on all my author's notes from all the chapters of Cyber and realised how different my life is now.

But I genuinely have to keep writing this. Because somehow, I actually made it to the very place this book was set, Sydney. And let me tell you... its a fcking dream.

I'll give you a quick update on my life (not that any of the readers from back in the day are still here) but hello again, it's Em. I'm now 18, graduated college with BBB and then travelled the world for three months. I got home two weeks ago and I'm feeling on top of the world.

I finally feel like I'm actually doing something with my life. And in honour of that, I better round up the last 8 chapters to this book ay.

So without further ado,

Until next time,

Em :-)

p.s. you may want to reread the previous two chapters to jog your memory... i know... its been THAT long now.

-

Isabella's POV

It's a Sunday. And you know what that means? Tomorrow is a new beginning.

It may be a continuation for some, or just another day of the week, but sometimes, when everything gets too much, its the only thing which actually keeps me going.

WIth everything that's gone on this week, it's given me time to think. Something which by the looks of it, I never actually do.

Everything that had happened with Luke was such an overwhelming mess that all I ever did was try to avoid the situation. Lock myself away or drink my problems away. But every time, I'd still be lost in my own thoughts, coming to no conclusion.

I was tired of it.

Sliding up from the sofa, I reach across to the coffee table where my phone lays amongst the array of magazines and letters. I bring up my contacts, scrolling hesitantly to the number I need and press call.

I sit up on the sofa, subconsciously fiddling with a small hole in the seam of my jeans as the ringing of the phone echoes in the background.

"Hello?" He answers questioningly. I quickly scramble to my feet, not quite knowing why I actually called.

"Luke" I clear my throat. "Hi, sorry, I just-"

"Belle, are you okay?" He asks. The background noise makes it hard to understand what he's saying.

"Yeah, it's just... You were right, if we're going to do Project X, we may as well clear the air. Are you free later at any point?". It was hard not to fall back into old habits and joke around like we used to.

"Of course, me and the boys were just at a meeting over the bridge, I can get back to Central Sydney for 12?" He replies, seeming genuinely interested.

"I'll meet you on the harbour by the Botanic Gardens" I reply.

"Sounds like a plan, see you then". I end the call and finally let go of the breath i didn't know I was holding.

I walk over to the panoramic window, leaning my forehead against the cold glass, and look down at the city life below me. One reason why I picked the property I did was the fact that it felt like an escape to me.

I could go about my daily business down there in the crowded, fast-paced city and at the end of it, escape to the top of one of the biggest buildings in Central Sydney.