Speed Drive

TW: Period typical homophobia and depictions of toxic relationships

After getting home from the date, you barricaded yourself in the bathroom, and turned on the bath tap to drown out the sound of your conversation. You flipped open your phone and called Rohan, who picked up after two rings. Something from Jotaro's conversation with you had stuck in your mind, and you wanted to ask Rohan about it.
"Y/n, is everything going well?" He asked. "We've got your audio, and it seems that Jotaro's quite the charmer when he wants to be."
"Rohan, he said that he's never had a problem with spies or moles before. Am I the first one?" You asked, sitting on the toilet lid and tucking your legs up.
"Hardly, y/n. We've got two others in this case, they're just deep in cover. I can't risk telling you who they are, just know that you're not alone."
You breathed a sigh of relief that you weren't just a guinea pig.
"Y/n, I'd like to say now that you shouldn't blow cover, no matter what. If Jotaro pressures you into doing crime- like hard drugs, or aiding in a robbery- just play along, but DON'T do anything truly dangerous. This isn't a pass to do whatever you want, I'm just giving you enough leeway so that if you end up in court, you can say he pressured you into it."
"You want me to... Just sit there and do nothing?" You asked.
"He wouldn't dare take his new plaything into anything too risky. But don't worry about getting into trouble for a speeding ticket or two, that's all. This leeway will only go as far to provide cover in extreme circumstances, but never in the case of something heinous, like rape or murder. Because if Jotaro thinks you're going to go running to the police- well, we've all seen what he does to people who've crossed him."
The line went dead, and you were left with just the sound of running water and the scent of sea minerals bath foam.

Throughout the week, you received little gifts from Jotaro, delivered to your apartment building. A bouquet of white roses, a box of artisan Belgian white cream chocolates, and even little cards with love poetry on them. It was cute, and you were thankful that he signed everything as "JoJo" and not "Jotaro", but it felt as fake as the plates of plastic curry in a restaurant window. These gestures were the kind of things that happened in cheesy old romance movies, not realistic gestures of love like a bag of your favourite snacks when you had menstrual cramps, or just a silly photo of a cat on an IM. Still, they proved that Jotaro was definitely interested in you, which was all the better for Interpol. You'd made an effort to read up on marine biology, as you had to be fluid with a man like this. You had to appeal to him, make him like you- and there was something nice about knowing that someone liked you like this, even if it could just be fake on both sides of the coin.

That Saturday, you got a phone call.
"Hello?" You asked, sitting up in bed with your hair a mess. You were in your old spice girls t shirt you wore as pyjamas and your granny panties, eyes crusted with sleep dust.
"I'm outside. I wanna take you out again." Came a voice. It was Jotaro! You squealed, before hurrying to get dressed in something nice, combing your hair with your fingers and hurriedly brushing your teeth.
"Yeah, I'm just coming, JoJo, give me five minutes and I'll be right there!" You called down the phone. You pulled on a baby pink sundress and white ballet pumps, put on some pink lipstick, and hurried downstairs to Jotaro.
"Bye, Yumi!" You called before shutting the door. You hurried outside, to see Jotaro's limousine, this time driven by one of his ordinary grunts. He was sitting inside in a purple and gold coat, with Kakyoin sitting across from him. Kakyoin looked thinner than usual, with dark shadows under his eyes from when he hadn't been sleeping properly.

"Tenmei's got a street race coming up, so I thought I'd invite you out for the day." He said, patting the seat next to him. "I'll take my two favourite people out shopping, and I'll take you to brunch too."
"I'd love that! Who's Tenmei?" You asked.
"I'm Tenmei..." Kakyoin began, just to be cut off.
"It's my pet name for Noriaki. His real name's kind of ugly, so I like to call him this instead." Jotaro interrupted. "Because he's a cute little thing, isn't he? He's so soft and feminine, practically a girl, really." He petted Kakyoin's hair, and you saw the redhead cringe slightly. You ignored this and sat next to Jotaro. He closed the door after you, and immediately pulled you onto his lap.
"Have you ever been to the Chrysanthemum Rose hotel, y/n? It's this wonderful hotel in Tokyo, built like a fancy British hotel. It was built by a rich man who felt homesick for London, so he brought it over here to Japan, even if it's just one building. I'll take you two out for brunch there, as it's really the least I can do."
"Thank you, Jotaro." You smiled, cosying up to him. He ran his fingers through your hair, feeling the little ribbon you'd put there to look sweet.
"You're so pretty, y/n. I want to give you the world." He said, pulling you close as the limousine drove through the concrete jungle of Tokyo.