Emerald

Jotaro led you to his purple sports car, and opened the door for you to get in. You sat down on the plush leather seats, and he got into the driver's side as Noriaki resigned himself to his motorbike. Jotaro revved the engines and sped off, and you felt yourself be pushed against the seat by the sheer force of the car.
"What's your favourite gemstone?" Jotaro asked, keeping his eyes on the road. Kakyoin followed you on his motorcycle, just a speck of green and red in the rear-view mirror.
"I like emeralds." You replied.
"What do you know, that's Tenmei's favourite too! I guess I'll have to spoil you two tonight." Jotaro said, turning down a road. It led to a line of jewellery shops, some of the most expensive in Tokyo, and your heart pounded against your chest. Was Jotaro going to rob one of them? Would you be an accomplice if you helped, or found out as a snitch if you didn't? Still, that worry was small compared to that of Polnareff. He'd mentioned your earrings- but why? Had he already figured you out so easily? You made a mental note to avoid him, as he could only be bad news.
If he tries to report you to Jotaro... Start crying. Claim that he's framing you. A wicked part of you thought. You'd just have to suck up to JoJo if such a thing happened, and hope that he liked you enough to take your word for it.

****

The race had been and gone, and Avdol and Polnareff were heading home. The Frenchman was hand in hand with the Egyptian, and it was starting to drizzle- not a full rainstorm, just the dusting of raindrops in the air like the fine mist from a deodorant can.
"That was pretty good tonight." Polnareff said, moving to walk under the shop awnings as to avoid ruining his hair.
"You're right, habibi. And Jotaro drew in a lot of money, so he'll be taking Kakyoin and y/n out to celebrate. But it's not like we'll get a pay rise!" Avdol laughed at his own joke, before sighing softly at his own misfortune.
"Well, back to the slums. I'm sure y/n's having fun, though." Polnareff said, putting his arm around Avdol's shoulders.
"So will Noriaki. There's a big shipment of Thai heroin coming in tomorrow- they've hidden it in a shipment of cola cans- so Jotaro's going to be making even more money."
"Really? Cola cans?" Polnareff laughed.
"Oh yes! The old Thai freighter that comes into port every second Thursday of the month, it's a drug front. There's real goods in there, they're just hiding the hard stuff."
"Really, now? Nobody's going to ever guess that. Jotaro's a clever man." Polnareff said. The neon lights reflected into the puddles they stepped through, all of Tokyo seeming to bleed into the rain.

Joseph sighed, staring down at his scotch on the rocks. He owned a luxury house in Tokyo, with all kinds of mod cons that would've shocked the mouthy brunette be once was. He'd used to love the gang life- traipsing around New York in the 50s, cigarette in his mouth with Caesar on one arm and Suzi on the other. It had been fun then, like the old movies, and he swore he'd stop whenever he could.
He was a different man then. Caesar was alive, and Suzi hadn't filed for divorce, just like how Holly had to his son-in-law.

He remembered the look on Holly's face when he'd told her the truth, when she'd come home from her first part time job to find him picking buckshot out of his legs with a kitchen knife. He remembered her confused tears, just 15 years old and faced with the truth that her father was a murderous gangster. It was no wonder she'd jumped into the arms of that wealthy businessman at one of his parties, and flown across the Pacific to the land of the rising sun.
It hadn't been the last time she'd had that face. Twice more, the men in her life had let her down, abandoning her safety and chance of a family in favour of a life of crime. He wished he could say sorry, he really did.
But he never had, and now he never could. Some nights, he could even hear her in his mind, asking "Why, Daddy, why?" He couldn't bear to listen, so he turned to the bottle instead, drowning out both screams and sorrows.

*******

Jotaro slowed the car, stopping in front of a huge jewellery store. It was open late, lit up like a Christmas tree with warm white lights, cases of diamonds and emeralds glittering away in the gloom. Huge sapphire earrings and ruby necklaces jostled for space in the display cases, alongside tanzanites the size of whole walnuts and opals as big as cherries. Kakyoin parked his bike next to the car, and the three of you looked up at the store window.
"They've been behind on their protection money for the past three months. I've been patient, but now's the time for action." Jotaro said. "Tenmei, do you have your guns?"
Kakyoin nodded, pulling out two silenced Beretta pistols.
"And y/n... Just sit tight, ok? Come into the store and decide what you like, just don't get in the way whilst me and Tenmei take care of... Business."
You nodded, feeling tense as a bridge cable. He was going to rob a fucking jewellery store, and you just had to sit there and do nothing? Your phone flashed with a message, and you looked down. It was from Rohan!
Stay put. Don't get in the way of him, he could take it out on U. Don't play the hero! U R a bystander as long as U don't hurt anyone, and UR getting info 2 us. Police will arrive soon.
So you sat in the car, and waited. It was weird getting police orders in txt-speak, but you were glad that you wouldn't get into trouble from this. The store owner however... Not so much.