Nightbirds

Jotaro had been paranoid before, but now he was almost unbearable. He'd got Avdol and Polnareff to escort the two of you absolutely everywhere, both armed with pistols and garotte wire. They carried katanas too, but theirs were simple things, a world away from Jotaro's custom made blade. They were still just as deadly though, and could gut a man like a fish. He'd gotten you to wear a bulletproof vest underneath your dress whenever you went out with him, and to have him on speed dial in case something happened. He'd even taken to giving you self defense lessons, in case you should need to fight your way out of a situation.
"Remember, the most sensitive parts in a man are the knees, groin, throat and eyes. If you aim there, he'll go down for sure. Remember to keep moving too, and to leave as much DNA on your attacker as possible. Because if they're trying to kidnap you, you seriously don't want to go to the second location."
"Got it." You said. The two of you were in his living room, and he'd pushed aside the couches to make room to practice.
"That's my girl. Now, hit me."
You paused, shocked.
"What?"
"Try to hit me. Until I say stop, you've got free range to try to strike me, to test what you know and what you can do. I'm all yours."
He stood with his arms at his sides, and you rushed him, aiming for the throat. Just as you lunged he intercepted, grabbing you by the wrist with one hand, and the hair by the other. He flipped you onto the couch, and you gave a light "umph!" As you dropped down.
"Nice try, but you're way too crude. You'll get there with practy, but if someone attacked you they'd see what you're going to do from a mile off." He pulled you back onto your feet, but as he turned to get some water, you struck. You kicked him in the back of the knees, and he toppled onto the floor. Jotaro quickly righted himself, and stared at you in surprise.
"You didn't say stop!" You said, suddenly scared. Jotaro just laughed at this, and kissed you on the cheek.
"You made yourself seem absolutely harmless, then you brought me down easily when my guard was down. Absolutely killer, y/n! Fuck, you're crazy, it's why I love you."
You grinned, relieved that he wasn't mad as he scooped you up into his arms.
"You can stop now, to be clean. Oh, y/n.... You're definitely the one with moves like that."

That night, you and Jotaro headed out to a nightclub he owned. Jotaro made a point of attending everywhere he controlled at least once a year, to make sure everything was up to his standards. He'd given you a pocket knife to protect yourself, as he was so on edge he needed to arm you, just in case. Jotaro avoided the sex trade like the plague- you didn't know why, but you were glad, as you'd heard awful things about human trafficking going on and the police doing nothing about it- but he owned every nightclub in his territory. Since it was a luxury club, you got dressed up for the occasion, in a tight white leather skirt and a black mesh top over a black tube top, with a white leather jacket and boots. You would glow like the moon under the UV lights, even more after you added some glittery white eyeshadow to your look. You noticed that you matched Jotaro in this attire, as if he was marking you as his own. But you weren't, not at all, you didn't need him- you could hand in your notice to Interpol at any time you wanted, they'd already gathered loads of information. Rohan had informed you over the phone that you were their best asset, and that although you'd gathered plenty, he wanted to keep you in the field for as long as possible.

"We've got one agent who's been undercover for 2 years now, and he's doing an amazing job. Not just Jotaro, but Joseph, and fuck, the dirt he's got on Avdol! So we'll be keeping you there for as long as it's safe, and don't worry, we're still paying your rent."
According to Rohan, Fugo- their shrink- was making great strides on Jotaro's profile with what you'd recorded in Kyoto. Mommy issues and Daddy issues were a toxic enough mix, but add on his insecurities, and he was building a profile of an incredibly layered man.
"What happened with his mother, why did he kill Steely Dan for talking about her? What did she do?" You asked. The page on Holly had been absent from Jotaro's file, and all the information on her was just widely available stuff they'd gleaned off of the word on the street.
"That's none of your concern. He'll probably tell you when the time's right. Just keep up your charade, and don't let him in on anything." Rohan replied, before hanging up. You sighed at his briefness, then snapped your phone shut and headed out of the bathroom, as that was where you usually took your calls. The walls were soundproof, and you knew that nobody would walk in on you. If Jotaro asked, it was just Mr Matsuzaki, and you were telling him that you'd be off work for a while. Which technically wasn't a lie at all.