Deception

Warning: Vomiting mention
You let yourself cry openly as you walked to the metro station, to get the train back to your apartment. People stared at you as you passed, some glaring, and some pulling their children away from you. It was late by now, nearly midnight, but Tokyo was still as bright and awake as ever. Good god, did it ever stop? Was there ever a minute's rest here, just a moment to pause and catch your breath? Then again, a city of 13 million could never truly be silent. You sniffled into your hands as you reached a train station, paid for a ticket, and saw that there was a train to your local station just pulling in. You let yourself be swept up in the tsunami of people flooding into it, and you still sobbed as it pulled away from the platform. The carriage was incredibly crowded, but everyone seemed to be keeping their distance from you, their heads either in a book or staring at laptops and phones.
13 million people.
And you'd never felt more alone.

The train rolled into your station, and you stumbled out, clutching your bags as you went. You staggered into your street, and paused outside an alcohol store. With a deep sob, you opened the door, and walked in.
"Three litres of vodka, please." You croaked, handing over the money. The cashier gave you a sad look but said nothing as he handed over three bottles of vodka in a blue plastic bag. You walked out the shop after thanking him, the bottles clanking together in the bag. The smell of polymers assaulted your nose, but as you walked home, nobody seemed to be there. It seemed as is someone had drained all the colour out of Tokyo, as no lights or people were around. There weren't even any stray cats or pigeons, as if everyone had been carried off. You stumbled up the stairs, your bags banging on your ankles, and unlocked the door.
"Yumi, I'm so sorry! I made a stupid mistake by dating him! Please, I want to be friends again!" You cried.
Silence.

You briefly panicked, before remembering that Yumi worked the night shift. She was probably in the office, where she wouldn't have to witness your drinking and wailing. You slammed the hot water control panel, setting up the hot water for a bath. You liked to take a bath when feeling down, and you'd never felt sadder. You walked into your room to take your clothes off, when you saw the stuffed animal Jotaro had brought you sitting on your bed. You sneered at them, suddenly filling with rage. Why did he act like he loved you when he never really did? Why did he let you get your hopes up? If he'd been cold and indifferent you wouldn't have cared, but he'd treated you so gently that you had to put your big girl pants on and admit the truth- you'd only gone and fallen in love with him. You gave an annoyed scream, grabbed a knife from the kitchen drawer, and marched towards the plushies. Their blank eyes stared ahead as you ripped them open with the knife, the stuffing falling down like snow. Their little hollow bodies lay on the floor, empty and cold as corpses.

Why? Why did he have to make you love him? Why did he just have to go and be so frustratingly, maddeningly devoted to you? You gave a scream of indignation and jammed the knife into the wall, seething with the knowledge that no man would ever love you to that insane degree again. You wanted to suddenly run back, beg for his apology, and run away together to the house in Kyoto, but you almost slapped yourself at the foolishness of that. Jotaro was absolutely foul, he was a monster, but nothing could compare to that devotion he had to you, even if you knew it was all fake. And that just made it even worse, as try as you might, nothing could ever make you feel the same way again. Why did you have to make that damn prayer?
"I'm sorry! I take it back!" You screamed, to nobody in particular. But nobody listened.

Your phone rang. You saw it was Rohan, and answered the call.
"Y/n, get back in there. You've been amazing so far, we need you gathering more information on Jotaro." He barked.
"Get fucked. You've got your evidence, go and arrest him." You replied. Rohan almost choked on his coffee, and his voice took on a furious tone.
"Don't you use that tone! We can hardly get enough men together for a break-in to arrest him anyway, we're overworked and stretched too thin. There's three other gangs in this city, you know? So get back in there and gather information. He buys you jewellery and pretty things, and you get to live in a penthouse! You should love it?"
"Oh yeah, because girls just like jewellery and presents!" You yelled down the phone. "I'm done being your fucking gopher, going and fetching stuff you're too lazy to get yourself. He dissected someone in front of me! Go do it yourself, you lazy fucking cunt, and GET OUT MY LIFE!" You hung up, and hurled your phone onto your bed with a wail. And for good measure, you blocked Jotaro's number.