The Return

You didn't return to Tokyo for another whole week. It was relieving to spend time in Kyoto, to feel at one with the rains and the forests. You weren't a police spy dating a violent gangster there, you were Mr and Mrs Kujo. Without his iconic hat and coat, and with his tattoos covered, Jotaro was honestly just another face in the crowd. It amazed you how he could hide his true self so easily when talking to the cashier at the grocers, or just walking down the street, but you yourself knew how that felt. The earrings were heavy in your ears, and aside from a message to Rohan to say you were alive and collecting information, you'd had no contact with HQ. Could you and Jotaro possibly just... Drop out of life? You imagined the gangs falling apart with him gone, and Interpol getting rid of the stragglers. You and him could change, and you'd bury your earrings deep in the bamboo forests, to start a new life with Jotaro. You didn't want to fall in love with him, but the idea tantalised your dreams.

"Honey, I'm home."
Doctor Cujoh was a well-loved professor at the University of Kyoto, known for his studies in Marine Biology. He'd softened over the years, exchanging his hard abs for a softer dad bod, which kept you warm as toast on winter nights. You, on the other hand, were an artist who designed kimonos. The two of you lived a happy life full of joy and laughter in your little house in the woods, and it was like living in a children's picture book. There were no guns or gangsters or freaky fox statues, just happiness all day long. He'd take you for picnics in the forest, you'd take your kids for walks around town, and he'd dance with you every night to the music on the record player.
"Papa, papa!"
Your little girl ran up to you, in her toy fairy wings and dragging her favourite doll. The living room floor was strewn with her colouring books and toys, and even Holly's photo on the shrine seemed to be happier. Your daughter was five years old and cute as a button, with her father's eyes and your hair. Jotaro picked her up and kissed her on the forehead, making her giggle.
"Your turn, y/n." He said, kissing you on the lips. He'd become such a wonderful husband, treating you like a princess. All that potential had been hidden away as a gangster, but here he was, a new man. He'd had all of his tattoos lasered away, and every night he would give you at least two orgasms, before cuddling you close all night long.

"Are uncle Polnareff and uncle Avdol going to come for dinner?" Your girl asked.
"They're coming over this weekend, and so is grampy Joseph." Jotaro said, picking her up and spinning her around. "How about you go to the garden and pick some beans for dinner?"
"Ok!"
Avdol and Polnareff had left the gang and become godparents to your daughter, and Joseph lived in a care home with a view of the mountains. He had become a proper grandfather, one who told terrible jokes and smelt like those butterscotch sweets he kept in his pocket. And Kakyoin....
Kakyoin....
Kakyoin was addicted to cocaine, and Midler rotted away in her apartment. You couldn't run away to live in your dreamland, you had jobs to do. And that job would kill your dream, but it was what must be done.

After a week, Jotaro got a message. It was from Joseph, giving him the all clear to come back. Apparently they had good news and bad news, but Jotaro hadn't been interested in hearing it over the phone. As the plane touched down in Yokohama, you saw that it was the same airfield as before. It wasn't that impressive in the daylight, just a few sheds, a windsock and a string of landing lights. There was an American-style SUV with blacked out windows waiting, and Jotaro strode over, dumping your bags into the boot. Joseph, Polnareff and Avdol were already there, and Joseph budged over to let Jotaro into the driver's seat.
"JoJo, you're alive!" Polnareff smiled. You sneakily reached up to your earrings, and twisted them so that they'd send everything you recorded in the past week back to base. You were within range now, so they were live and transmitting.

"Cut the crap, Frenchie. What's the news you wanted to tell me?" Jotaro said, lighting a cigarette and pulling out of the airfield.
"Head down to the old garage we own in Ginza. There's something you'll like down there. Well, that's the good news, at least." Joseph said.
"You found Dio?!"
"No, but we found Steely Dan, he was the one at the party. We could get information out of him, such as where Dio is." Avdol said.
"That'll do, I guess. And what's the bad news?"
The car suddenly seemed very quiet.
"I'm waiting...."
"Kakyoin is in hospital." Polnareff said, staring at his feet. "He had a mental breakdown and he's in the psych ward."
Jotaro sighed, tapping cigarette ash out the window.
"Good fucking grief. I leave him for a week and he ends up in the fucking madhouse?"
"He's unwell, it might be a good idea to visit him." Avdol said. The car swerved, and Jotaro gave a grunt of annoyance.
"Like hell I will! He'll be fine soon enough, and it's not like he even really liked me. Stupid brat was just in it for the money. Make sure he's up and going by the time the next race comes along, because I'll need him then." Jotaro was now on the main road to Tokyo, heading towards Ginza with a purpose. He was going to find Dio Brando no matter what, and no matter who he had to lose.