House on the Hill

Warning: Talk of mental health wards and issues

Polnareff screamed at the sight of Kakyoin, catatonic and covered in paint. His red hair clumped together with the quick-drying paint, and even the insides of his nostrils were ghostly white. The paint had been splodged on in large, desperate fistfuls, and was still slightly sticky and damp. The only places that weren't covered were two little snail trails of flesh from where Kakyoin's tears had snaked through the paint. The tattoos appeared as dark splodges beneath the shroud of paint, like black mould blooming over wallpaper. He wasn't talking, wasn't moving, Kakyoin just stood in place and shuddered.

"Kakyoin!" Avdol cried, trying to take his hand. He remained stiff, and Avdol's mind raced at what to do. He couldn't call an ambulance, the police would surely arrest Kakyoin, and they'd promised to keep him safe. But they couldn't keep him here, paint was toxic! His usually calm mind was going at a breakneck pace, trying to come up with a solution. Polnareff was digging around in the cupboard, and pulled out a bottle of turpentine.
"I'll get this off you, Kakyoin, I swear, just hold on, hold on..." He said, wetting a cloth with the liquid and pressing it to his skin. He scrubbed and scrubbed, but although not much paint came off, the skin beneath was turning red and vicious.
"Am I hurting you?" Polnareff asked, looking terrified. Kakyoin said nothing, but he quickly pulled away the cloth, and splashed water over the area.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, Kakyoin!" He babbled, but Noriaki said nothing. His mouth hung open vacantly, and Avdol saw that he'd even painted his tongue white. It was that sight that drove him over the edge, and made him pick up the phone to call an ambulance. Police be damned, Kakyoin needed help, and he could at least deliver it. After all, it wasn't like Jotaro would.

The ambulance crew who arrived at the ratty apartment in Kabukicho that night had seen many things, but this was by far the most depressing. A young man stood alone in the bathroom, covered entirely in paint. He appeared to have had some kind of mental breakdown, and someone had covered his decency with a large, red robe. The man was catatonic, and was gently helped out of the apartment by the ambulance crew, and led into the vehicle. They used soft, kind voices and handled him so gently, as if he was made of porcelain. And in a way, he was- one small shove over the edge would entirely shatter him. There was no sign of anyone else, as he'd presumably been abandoned, so the crew closed the doors and headed off. As they did so, Avdol and Polnareff stood in the dingy alleyway by the side of the building, and watched him leave. They'd made a run for it, as they were both wanted men. And if they were arrested, they couldn't find Jotaro, to tell him exactly what his behaviour had caused. And even worse, they couldn't warn y/n about what happened to people who Jotaro grew bored with.
"I sent him a message saying that Kakyoin's in hospital, but he hasn't got back." Avdol said, checking his flip phone again.
"Where the hell is he?!" Polnareff cried, looking anxious and miserable. "And why isn't he responding?!"

*****

"That looks hot as fuck, y/n. You should get it."
You'd gotten down from the shrine, and Jotaro was now taking you clothes shopping, to dress you up as he saw fit. You had a private fitting room in a luxury boutique, and you were modelling a dress for him to see. It was a soft teal shade, the fabric glimmering slightly as if it were scales, almost silvery to look at.
"I'll add it to the pile then, JoJo." You said, unzipping it and adding it to the chair you were using to store clothes he wanted to buy you. It was quite a sizable pile, and as you moved onto the next dress, Jotaro got a phone call.
"Just a sec, babe." He said, flipping open his phone. It was Polnareff, babbling in a terrified voice. You didn't hear the full conversation, but you heard Jotaro saying things such as "Seriously? I don't care." And "It'll come off if he washes! He's just attention seeking." He snapped the phone closed, and sighed.
"Sorry about that. Nori got some paint on him or something, and Polnareff thought he had to call me over it."
"Is he ok?" You asked. Getting some paint on you didn't seem like reason to call the boss, could something else be up?
"Ah, he'll be fine. Anyway, how about you show off the new dress?" Jotaro said. You pulled aside the curtain of the little changing room, and turned around.
"Could you do up the zip?" You asked. He reached for it and pulled, and you shuddered as you felt his hot breath on your neck. Why did such a awful man have to be so intoxicating? And why did you have to like it so much?