𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬."

Novalie Blackthorn had never given much thought to how she would die. She figured it'd be in the games. Or at the hands of President Snow. Not that she wanted to die. At least she didn't think so. District four was notorious for producing what the Capitol called, "desirable" victors. She was smart enough to know what that could mean. What it meant for him. She supposed that was the price you paid for winning the games. For slaughtering so many others that you become covered in their blood, in the color of permanent crimson. You were almost choking on it. Gagging on the sins you committed to survive. Nova was no stranger to that. She knew. She wasn't the first victor who nearly went insane, and she certainly wouldn't be the last.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

'𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞. 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲?'

'𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.'

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

'𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?'

'𝐘𝐞𝐬. 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝.'

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

'𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 - 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰.'

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

'𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐰... 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫.'