𝑿. 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔

"As you know, the tributes were rated on a scale of one to twelve after three days of careful evaluation

"As you know, the tributes were rated on a scale of one to twelve after three days of careful evaluation. The gamemakers would like to acknowledge these do not reflect the extent of all their abilities."

The stylists, mentors, and tributes of district four are gathered around on the leather couch of their quarters, watching the opening of Caesar Flickerman's ratings.

"From district one, Aurelius, with a score of nine. From district one, Vicuna, with a score of ten."

The tributes of district one, Aurelius Wyrmbane and Vicuna Ashenbrook.

"From district two, Cyril, with a score of ten. From district two, Prima, with a score of nine."

The tributes of district two, Cyril Hawkswind and Prima Stonegate.

"From district three, Koios, with a score of eight. From district three, Cortana, with a score of seven."

The tributes of district three, Koios Arcanum and Cortana Blanchi.

The entire room waits with bated breath for the announcement of the district four tribute scores. These could make or break any chances that have of being sponsored.

"From district four, Nico, with a score with a score of ten."

Calix and Mags applaud them quietly. Ten is a good enough score.

"From district four, Nova, with a score of..."

Caesar pauses, his expression looks surprised, yet impressed.

"Twelve."

Nova finally lifts her head, surprised at her own score. A few small whoops fill the room, triumphant from her high score. Nico leans over and whispers to her.

"The hell'd you do?"

"I don't know. I just showed them my skills like I was told."

"Whatever you did impressed the shit out of 'em."

"Seems that way, yeah."

They turn their attention back to the screen, anxious to see the scores of the rest of the tributes. See what they're going to be up against in the arena.

"From district five, Lucius, with a score of nine. From district five, Gaelia, with a score of eight."

The tributes of district five, Lucius Darcy and Gaelia Cuchulainn.

"From district six, Rivet, with a score of nine. From district six, Portia, with a score of seven."

The tributes of district six, Rivet Elmsong and Portia Ingram.

"From district seven, Jarrah, with a score of eight. From district seven, Sadira with a score of six."

The tributes of district seven, Jarrah Belerel and Sadira Albellot.

"From district eight, Calico, with a score of seven. From district eight, Angora, with a score of eight."

The tributes of district eight, Calico Marshbane and Angora Tarrenwood.

"From district nine, Graham, with a score of nine. From district nine, Khora, with a score of nine."

The tributes of district nine, Graham Rafelon and Khora Saunie.

"From district ten, Skinner, with a score of ten. From district ten, Ribsy, with a score of eight."

The tributes of district ten, Skinner Biddercombe and Ribsy Quill.

"From district eleven, Fraser, with a score of nine. From district eleven, Melora, with a score of eight."

The tributes from district eleven, Fraser Xenides and Melora Shadegrove.

"And finally, from district twelve, Flint, with a score of nine. From district twelve, Wisteria, with a score of eight."

The tributes from district twelve, Flint Ellerbrock and Wisteria Vespertine. They've finally come down to the last district.

Their opponents in the arena will vary in their skills levels, but once the games begin who knows what anybody is capable of.

"Okay, you two. Tomorrow is the last day of training so you'll be heading down there with Finnick and Mags. After training, you'll both have your interviews with Caesar. I'll dress Nico first, and then you. I'll give you pointers as well."

Both tributes nod. The games are almost here. The day after today they need to shine in front of the crowd, earn more sponsors. With the guidance of Calix, of course.

The next day comes quicker than expected, and they head down for their final day of training. Finnick is somewhat, yet pleasantly surprised with the abilities of his and Mags's tributes.

Nico was good, sure. But no one else had gotten the same score as Finnick, pretty much ever. But Nova did. She had gotten a twelve, the highest score possible.

"It's time to get ready."

The two tributes, Finnick and Mags all turn at the sound of the voice. Calix awaits to escort the Nova and Nico to his styling chamber and prepare them. Nico exchanges a handshake with her on his way out, and Nova is led back to their quarters.

She's not sure what extravagant looks Calix has planned for them this time, but she knows without a doubt they'll certainly catch people's attention. It seems like ages until Calix comes to retrieve her to be styled, but in reality, it was probably only an hour.

"Ready?"

"If you are."

She's lead back to the room she was in on her first day here, right before the tribute parade. That makes her think for a moment. It had seemed like so long ago. And now it was her last time seeing the room, seeing Calix, Mags, and Finnick. Maybe permanently.

"Nova. All good?"

"Yeah. Just seems like forever ago I first met you."

Calix gives her a sympathetic smile. He's only known for a short time. But in that short time, he's grown quite fond of the two tributes from district four. That's always been what's considered one of his most fatal flaws. He forms an attachment to the tributes he styles and watches them die year after year.

"It wasn't too long ago, but...I'm sad to see you go."

"Good to know."

"Don't mention it. Let's give them one last good show, yeah?"

"Yeah. Work your magic."

"I'd hardly call it magic."

"I would. You made me look pretty."

"Darling, you were already beautiful. I just gave you an edge over the competition with my fashion skills."

"Thank you, Calix. For everything."

Calix feels a twinge in his chest. This girl was different than most of the other tributes he'd styled.

She was kind, but brutal at the same time. She took the time to listen to him, rather than getting straight to the point.

She was truly special, in his opinion.