𝑰𝑽. 𝐏𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒

There's little time to waste after eating dinner before she needs to be glamoured up for the cameras

There's little time to waste after eating dinner before she needs to be glamoured up for the cameras. She's helping her mother wash the dishes in silence, her attention soley focused on scrubbing it clean like the blood on her hands, though only one will ever come off.

"We have company."

She turns her head to see Ivana looking at her expectantly, with her arms crossed over her chest. Visitors, apparently. Her mother gives her a small nod to say she can go, and that she'll finish the few dishes left.

She dries off her hands, and heads out into the living room of the house, where she's greeted by a few familiar faces.

"Geneiveve?"

The district four official from the day of the reaping. The one who called her name. They've had a tentative friendship, with little spats here and there. But overall it's good to see her.

Geneiveve gasps with delight, her shoulders shimmying a bit in excitement as she wraps her arms around Nova. She's always been very over the top. Next is Calix's assistants, the ones who styled her in the capitol for her games.

Annalise and Beau, brother and sister. They both greet her with a friendly peck to both cheeks, they're not close but they're nice enough.

"Where's Calix?"

She feels a hand on her shoulder, and whips around, resulting in a groan from whoever was behind her. She turns around to see Calix, holding his nose slightly.

"Jesus, Cal. You scared the shit out of me."

Calix nods, wincing in agreement.

"Yep. My apologies. That was not a wise choice."

Nova knows he meant no harm; so she can't find it in herself to stay mad.

Once he's recovered, he's quick to bring her in for a hug. Her head rests slightly on his shoulder. He speaks in a soft, almost whisper-like tone.

"Are you alright?"

"Relatively, yeah."

Calix pulls away from the embrace, and sets his hands on her shoulders in a sort of maternal way. He asks again silently, with his eyes. She nods.

"Let's get you all dolled up, then."

"Work your magic like you always do."

Calix, Annalise, and Beau are scattered around the house, each one working on some different aspect of her look for the cameras.

Calix ushers her to her bedroom, where he'll style her for the interview. After what seems like a lifetime, she's done.

Her hair is curled, the locks falling down her shoulder in gentle waves. Annalise had done her makeup heavily, with dark grey eyeshadow applied, and a dark red lip color.