Burnt out| Chapter 9

A/n: I wanted to post this chapter on Monday but then didn't like how it was so I rewrote it 2 times, but now it's here and I hope you like it... wait hold that thought hehe

The themes in this chapter may be unsettling so if your not comfortable with that then please skip this chapter

Warnings: gore, death, harm to children, manipulation

A small child stood by their mother's side, their long hair glowing like silver in the moonlight. In the mother's hand was a yellow file with the big red stamp classified on it, The child looked from her mother to the file. Then she suddenly felt a yank on her wrist.

"Remember as we practiced"

The womans words were laced with venom ready to strike at any moment. She started walking forward dragging the child with her as she enter to room in front of them. It grew increasingly dark causing the child to stay closer to her mother, her doe eyes darted around the room.

The sound of the tall woman's heel's clicking was the only sound echoing in the room. A long table was in front of them and the woman pushed her child forward and with a loud 'thwack' the file was slammed onto the table.

"the document and signed agreement, as you asked, sir"

A tall man with short black hair turned in his chair, he crossed his legs, and his cheek rested on his fist.

"..."

The man's eyes narrowed and glanced down at the child.

"Why is she her"

Glaring eyes were on the child as the mother simply said.

"she's supposed to start training isn't she, so why not let her hear one measly conversation"

"I wouldn't say this is measly"

The man replied in a sharp tone.

"fine then, it's just a useless coversation"

The mother's foot nudged the child.

The little girl took the cue and did a little bow, then looked up at the man. She then gave her mother one last look and quickly made her way over to the man's side. The man stood and took the child's wrist, he gave her a once over, she was short barely the age of 7, her hair was half up half down and her round eyes looked up at him with a small determination to make her mother proud.

She was then pulled by the man away from her mother and before the girl could look back at her mother she was shut behind a door and was dragged by the man through the long halls of the building. The building had been a long drive from her home in the city and they were now out in the middle of know were in a mansion.

She felt her wrist sting from the black haired mans grip. She looked at her surounding as she was pulled into a room, this room had a single bed and was bare as it could be, the sheets were white, the wall a sage green, no furniture other than the bed and bedside table.

The little girl stumbled into the room and was suddently turned around to face the man. He kneeled in front of her and said in a deep voice.

"you'll stay here tonight, an' tomorow you'll change and take a test, so rest up"

There was no trace of emotion in his words, he was like a hollow shell taken by a ghost.

"yes sir"

Her sweet voice rang in the room with determination. A finger was placed under her chin and raised it to meet the grey eyed man's face. The litter girl was momentarally shocked then smiled.