Heart of glass| Chapter 25

A/n: I made a small change to chapter 6 since I changed some things in the book, it was about her and baizhu, anyway short chapter as I'm tired from last chapter and tonight I have to sleep since I'm up early tomorrow, after tonight(Sunday) I won't be posting commonly, I'm going to be busy and i'll be leaving for vacation after this week I'll be back in maybe 3 to 3 1/2 weeks if I don't die while on my trip😭 who knows maybe the bugs will get me.

Art found on X by Jessica Wijaya

Song:  If We Have Each Other by Alec Benjamin

"Hey Yelan whats with the text you sent"

A h/c haired female said as she entered the office that belonged to the tall woman in front of her.

"Why do we have another meeting so soon and with who?"

The females eye were narrowed, something told her she wasn't going to like the answer. The black haired woman turned to the shorter girl.

"It's not a meeting, I already made a deal with Mr. Zhongli to give him his men back, and I got quite the deal for it, so I want you to join me while we go to the exchange to make sure everything goes smoothly"

"I'll be more helpful from a rooftop or hidden in shadows for if anything were to happen, so if what I think you by join is be at your side then why can't you have someone else do it"

"You're right you could be more useful there, but I'm telling you to be at my side"

"The meeting before was a one time thing, I didn't expect you to ask this if me again, and I get that for the other meeting there was no place I could stay and it directly stated you could bring someone, but now you have other members at your side and the ones who should be holding the hostages, you rarely ask this much of me for being upfront"

"This isn't a matter to discuss... I won't let them hurt you... I've felt something for you and I want you to be able to take it..."

The last part of her sentence seemed forced out and her words seemed sounded caring like she had built of a wall that she wouldn't let break for her. But she couldn't help but feel suspicious, something didn't sit right but she knew Yelan wouldn't speak in this further with the way she didn't look at her.

"Fine, I'll go by your side, but don't expect me to be all sunshine and rainbows! You've been so secretive lately, you haven't explained what deal you made was yet, you have been avoiding me, you've been keeping me away from missions like I'm some child! What happened what did I do"