a shoulder to cry on | elizabeth_foxx

{non-smut=long}

Kiana

"Kia, get out here." Keisha calmly yelled out from the kitchen.

Kiana exhaled a deep breath, rolling her eyes and getting out of bed, "what, Keisha!" Kiana rolled her head as she stood in the doorway of her bedroom.

"come sit down, i have something important to tell you." Keisha sighs, her tone calm yet disturbed.

Kiana frowned, but did what she was told. She took a seat at the island across from her older sister, "what's going on?" Kiana gave her sister a somber look.

Keisha took a deep breath, tears starting to form in her eyes again as she processed the news she'd just received not too long ago.

"i, uh... I'm not sure how to tell you this so ima come right out and tell you...Mama is gone. Her captain just called me and told me she was on a mission and it went wrong, they tried everything they could but it was already too late. She's dead." Keisha sniffled, her heart breaking into pieces at the saddened look on her sisters face.

"What? Your lying. Stop playing Kei, that's not funny!" Kiana chuckled.

But the look in her sisters' eyes said everything without her saying a word. "No!" Kia let out a gut wrenching scream, falling to the floor. Her sister picked her up and they rocked back and forth trying their best to comfort each other.

-/-

Mikel

Mikel

Magic stood on his porch chopping it up with his homeboys when he see Kia walking toward the corner store, "I'll be right back." He told his boys and jogged after her, calling out her name but didn't get an answer.

"Kola!!" He called her by her nickname, grabbing her by her arm to face him.

"oh, hey Mikel." she lowly spoke taking her headphones out of her ear.