Another Day, Another Newman Drama

Adam and Sally had a delicious breakfast at the GCAC. They were getting ready to go into the office when Adam got a text from Victor. Telling Victoria about Locke today. Be ready. Adam let out a deep sigh, 'I guess my birthday is truly over'.

"What's wrong?" Sally asked concerned over how deep and annoyed that sigh sounded. In her mind there were two options: Chelsea or Victor.

Adam put on a smile that he knew looked fake, "It's nothing. Just Victor putting Victoria's relationship drama before everything else. Again." His girlfriend looked skeptical and he couldn't blame her. "I can't tell you just yet. All you need to know is that we're having a Newman family meeting tonight with Victoria. When it's done, I'll tell you everything."

"You promise?"

"Absolutely. Believe me I think I'm going to need to tell someone." Adam's phone pinged again with another text from Victor. Tonight after work be in the C-suite. 'Great like he was wasn't going to be thinking about this all day. Thanks Victor' Hope's son sarcastically thought as he and Sally got up from the table.

The day went by quickly and before he knew it, he was standing in Victor's office. Well, technically it was Victoria's office, but everyone knew it would always be Victor's office. Victoria walked into said office looking confused at her family being there. They all looked concerned, even Adam, which set off alarm bells for her. "What are you doing here?" She asked her family while staring directly at Adam.

Her brother sighed, he knew this was coming, "I'm here because I care about you Victoria. That's why we're all here." Adam wasn't surprised to see that she didn't believe him.

Victor took over from here, slowly revealing evidence designed to tear her life apart. "Sweetheart, I hate to tell you this but that bastard you married is a liar. He's been taking advantage of you the entire time he's known you."

Victoria shook her head in disbelief, she refused to accept this. "No, Daddy. You're wrong. How could Ashland be using me? He's a successful businessman, he didn't need me. He chose me." The eldest Newman sibling cried.

"He chose you because you're a Newman. He wanted a piece of the Newman pie." Victor shouted at his stubborn daughter.

Newman's CEO once again shook her head in denial. "No. No. That's a lie." She huffed then decided to shift the focus. "If you're looking for someone who wants a piece of the Newman pie take a look at Sally Spectra. After blowing it with Lauren, she cozied up to Adam and he was dumb enough to fall for it. He even gave her the COO job because he's sleeping with her!"

Sally's boyfriend was annoyed at his sister's lame attempts at distraction, "Really Victoria? You would sink that low? Sally wants no part of the Newman pie, just me. And did you forget she was working here for months and had already signed her COO contract before our relationship began?" he questioned.

Victoria scoffed at her youngest brother, "I can't believe after all those years with Chelsea you can't see a long con being executed."

"All I see is a desperate woman who is throwing an innocent one under the bus so she doesn't have to face the truth about her sham of a marriage."

"How dare you? Nick back me up." Nick, who had been watching his siblings bicker back and forth like a tennis match along with his mother, looked startled at the sound of his name. "Well, come on Nick. Tell Adam all about Sally Spectra. I know you're dying to"

And he was, but this was not the time. "I mean she's not wrong about Sally. But we're here to talk about Ashland not Sally." Nick sheepishly replied to the annoyance of both his siblings.

Victor had quickly grown tired of his children's juvenile shenanigans. "Enough! I have everything Victoria needs to know right here." The mustache sighed in frustration as he pulled out the folder of Locke's secrets. He shoved it into Victoria's hands and demanded she read it. Nick wondered why his father didn't start with that as Adam studied his sister's face. He could tell that the more she read, the more she was starting to believe it.

Victoria dropped the folder in shock. Her father was right, Ashland had lied to her about everything. "How could he do this to me?" she asked in a voice just above a whisper. Nikki raced over to comfort her daughter as did Nick. "How could I not see it?"

"Because you love him. You trusted him with your heart and you would never think that someone who you would trust with your heart could break it like that." Adam answered before he could stop himself. "Anything weird or unusual, you write off. You don't want to believe that this person who you love more than anything could lie and deceive you like that. Denial is a hell of a great thing, it's a comfort. And when that denial bubble bursts, there's nothing like that kind of pain. That everything you thought you knew was a lie."

The other Newmans stared at him in shock. Victoria was wondering how Adam perfectly described everything she was feeling in that moment before she remembered. Chelsea. Chelsea did this exact same thing to him last year. She wiped her eyes and asked for a moment alone. Adam quickly left respecting her wishes, she would have to thank him for that later. The rest of the family took some convincing, but they eventually left the office.

Victoria screamed out her frustrations and trashed the office. It felt so good to lose control, 'no wonder Adam acts out all the time' she thought 'the relief I feel is amazing.' She surveyed the damage, realizing she couldn't stay there anymore. The office was suffocating her, she quickly walked out needing to clear her head. Then she could form her revenge, no one screwed Victoria Newman over and got away with it.  

The Newmans walked back into the office, observing the damage Victoria had done. Victor and Nikki were worried, Nick was horrified, Adam was impressed and amused. 'The ice princess does have human emotions after all' he thought to himself, knowing that the family wouldn't take it well if he said it out loud. He would save them for Sally later, he did promise to fill her in. He declined to attend dinner with them, in case Victoria went to them. He knew that she wouldn't want him there. He promised to keep an eye out and let them know if he heard anything. Smirking as he walked into the elevator, he made a reservation at the Grand Phoenix. He then called Sally; they had some celebrating to do.