Chapter one

Recommended song:

Gone Away - Seungmin, I.N., and HAN

-------------------------------------------------------

The thunder was crackling through the overcast sky, becoming darker as I was walking over to the park, ready for whatever outcome may happen. I didn't want to do it but I think it's best for both of us if we weren't together anymore. But how do I tell my first love this without sounding harsh. 

I walked up to our favorite spot and saw him already sitting on the bench that we shared so many memories at. The first time we hung  out, where he told me he had a crush on me, asked me to be his girlfriend, first time we kissed and first fight. The bench has held many memories for us and it's sadly about to have one more.

I wanted to run up and hug him the moment I noticed him because we haven't been together in person since our fight last week. It didn't mean to turn into a fight but resulted in one when I told him how my dad's work was sending us back to America.  He suggested how I can stay with him and his family or I can come back for college...I would want to but he's very busy with baseball. Something I love about him but he should be focused on that not me. 

"Hi," I nervously said walking up. He didn't even move his head up to look at me, he had on his favorite black hoodie with the hoodie up covering his eyes. "May I sit?" I asked cautiously, worried he was going to tell me to just leave without saying goodbye. 

But by my surprise, he nodded his head and scooted to the right, allowing me to sit down next to him. I never felt this uncomfortable before on this bench with him...I guess another first. Maybe I should continue to be with him....maybe I should stay here, I thought as I placed my hands on my lap. 

We sat there sitting  in silence as the wind began to pick up and the crackle of thunder intensified. I was about to speak first until Minnie beat me to it. 

"You really want to end this?" He finally asked, breaking up my thoughts, startling me. 

I stared at the ground, feeling him burn a hole on the side of my face. I could only nod my head yes as I played with the edge of my dark blue shirt.  

"But why? Was it something I did or said?"

No, you were absolutely perfect, that's why it's hard to say goodbye, I wanted to say. But instead, I shook my head no as I lifted my eyes up to look at him, seeing his red eyes...the pain that I'm causing him. "I'm moving back to America and-"

"What about long distance, we can do it," he looked at me with puppy dog eyes, sitting up in his seat a bit more. 

I shifted my body to the right to face him completely, "Yeah I know  we could but you would want me here, I would want to be with you. It wouldn't be the same..."

"Than please stay with us, I can talk to my parents and-"

I shook my head no, knowing they would never allow it. I love his parents so very much and I know they kind of love me but they are very old fashioned. "You know they would say no."

"Than I'll get a job and we can live together. We can go to school together and-"

My heart was breaking and tears began to stream down my face, knowing he was trying everything in his power for us to stay together. I have to keep telling myself this isn't for me...it's for him. "You go to work, school and play baseball...that's too much and you know that."

"I'll lose all my sleep to stay with you," He said taking my hands into his as he lovingly looked into my soul. I had to stay strong, even though I want to cave in so badly. 

"I could never ask you to do that, you have been working on becoming a baseball player since as long as I met you."

"Yeah but you're not asking me...I want to do this. Please stay with us...please stay here with me," He begged as I could feel his hands tighten around mine.

"I'd just be a distraction for your future..."

"No, no you wouldn't. Y/N, please don't give up on us...." Tears began to fall from his cheeks as mine wouldn't stop flowing. I felt a single drop of water on of my head, hating how the sky is matching my very exact mood right now. 

"You deserve to have your dream...I'm sorry I can't be part of it..." I  said to the best of my ability, me crying was making hard to speak. 

"I can come to America and play baseball!" he through his idea out.

"But you've been wanting to play on the same team your grandfather and father did..."

"Yes but I would love to play American baseball, in the MLB... to be with you." 

The rain began to fall down as he let go of my hands, crying into his as I shot another idea down.  I cared for him so much and I know I'm doing the right thing for him, I think so anyways. "I'm so sorry," I finally said. "But the rain is coming down hard now...I think we should get going." 

He didn't say anything as he kept his face buried in his hands as I guiltily rubbed his back to comfort him. Yet, I'm the one who is causing this pain. I'm the one making these tears slide down his cheek. "I'm going to miss you so much." He picked his head up and looked at me with much sorrow. 

My heart broke into tiny pieces seeing him like this, "I'm going to miss you too." I said as I stopped rubbing his back and began to grip the edge of the bench with both my hands as I stared out in front of me.   "I hope you have a fantastic life and I hope you play baseball in the KBO league one day. I hope you get there. I'm sorry Min." 

He nodded his head as I stood up and began to walk away until he called out my name. I stopped in my tracks, turned around to see him running up to me. He placed both his hands on the side of my cheeks as he smashed his soft pink plumped lips against mine. I was startled at first but then gave into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as I stood on my tippy-toes. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me more towards his body. 

I didn't want to pull away, I wanted to stay there in his arms as long as I could. But by my surprise, he pulled away placing his forehand against mine...looking deep into my eyes for the last time.

"I will always love you," he sadly spoke up.

"I will always love you...my first love," I responded back with more tears falling down my cheeks.

He gently wiped them away with his thumbs before brining me in for another passionate kiss one last time as the rain poured down on us, soaking us.

 I pulled away and let go of his hands, walking slowly backwards, "Bye my Minnie." The second I turned around to walk away, I wanted peek behind my shoulder but if I did that I would go running back to him. He has to stay focus on his baseball career and I'm moving abroad.  Maybe I'll see him in the future one day but for now it's time to walk away.

Authors note:

I know, I know...I come back and automatically hurting feelings. 😅 But I missed you all so very much! Hope you are all doing well. 😘 I'm excited to write this story for all of you! I will most likely be on the same schedule as I was with my other stories -- posting Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. 🥰