Chapter 34 (The End)

Y/n's POV:

Top of the ninth inning, the Texas Rangers are up to bat against the Mariners who need to win this game so they can advance to the World Series to face the Philadelphia Phillies. The NL team who already defeat the San Francisco Giants. My friends were sad, upset they didn't win so they could continue playing. I don't blame them one bit, they worked so hard to get there just to fall short. 

But, since they're out of the playoffs, they're with me in the suite watching the game as we're nervously watching the  Mariners' closer, Andres Muñoz, shut down the Rangers in the top of the 9th inning, making sure no more runs were scored.  He winds up his pitch and throws it across the plate for strike three! The whole place erupted as everyone was cheering on the Mariners as they head back into the dugout. 

"That made me so nervous," Innie said with his hand over his heart. 

"Right! That was a nasty curveball he threw," Hyunjin said analyzing the pitcher's throw. 

"I could have hit it!" Felix laughed as he sat back down next to me after getting some food.

"Like that homerun you hit in the last game?" Chris joked with Lix, making the guys laugh.

"It could have been a homerun!"

"If the fence was in more," Innie laughed, making me laugh too.

Lix's head snapped over at me, "Sorry, it was funny." I placed my head on his shoulder, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes, trying my best to make him forgive me for laughing. 

"Oh, don't be cute with me now," he said in a fake angry tone.  

"I'm sorry," I pouted as he couldn't keep pretending to be mad at me, a smile appeared on his face. I've never seen him angry before and I don't think I ever will.  

Before the start of the bottom of the ninth inning, we saw Minnie running to the bullpen. (Bullpen: where the relief pitchers throw before coming into the game. Also, where the starting pitcher warms up before the start of the game). "Guys!" I said pointing to Min.

"Oh! He's coming in!" Lee Know said in shock as I knew that was going to be a possibility since Robbie asked the coach who was available to pitch today. He said everyone is coming in if they were put into a spot. And well, I guess this is the spot. 

The Mariners didn't score in the bottom of the ninth so here we go to extra innings! Which is exciting because it's basically free baseball. In MLB, there are nine innings to be played, so if it's still tied at the end of nine, they will go to ten. Sometimes they can go more depending if it's still tied or not. 

"Let's go Min!" I yelled out.

"You got this, Seungmin!" All the guys began to yell out as he took the mound, warming up with the catcher before the first batter of the 10th inning came up to the plate. I felt nervous seeing Min pitch, even though I know what he's capable of doing. I just didn't want anything to go wrong I guess.

 I sat back in my seat, holding the pen tightly as the first batter came up. I had the baseball scorebook in my lap, recording each out, play, run of the game. 

With only four pitches, Min struck him out with the place going crazy, chanting Seungmin's name. I smiled as I touched my stomach that was hidden by the oversized Marines jersey that I'm wearing with Min's last name and number on the back. I had a white long sleeve under it because it's cold and I need it to keep warm.  

The second batter put up a good fight with Min and ended up walking (ball four) to first base. "Don't give up Min, you got this!" Innie yelled out as he clapped his hands. I was cheering with him, until I realized who the next guy up to bat was - the Rangers shortstop Corey Seager. I'm now more terrified because I know how well he has done in the regular season and in this series against Seattle. He's hit five homeruns and has brought in a lot of runners in to score. Plus, one of the homeruns was off Seungmin in the third game and I know Min hasn't forgotten about it.  I'm very worried about this match up.