Chapter three

My eyes tried their best to flip open as my alarm was going off, hating it's already time for me to wake up. I got no sleep and my heart felt as if someone kicked it as hard as they could. I knew I shouldn't have looked at his Instagram, it only caused me pain. 

After getting ready in the bathroom and changing into professional clothing, I walked out to the kitchen to make some tea and grab a granola bar. I don't have time to make a whole breakfast and my stomach wasn't really hungry. I'm blaming myself for seeing that one photo last night, plus my nerves of seeing him again. 

Maybe he won't even notice me? I mean I still look the same but a bit older now. My hair is a bit longer than it use to be but I still have recognizable freckles. He could have forgot about that, right? 

I glanced at the clock and began to run around my apartment, gathering everything. I poured my tea into a cup with a lid and walked over to grab my bags off the couch. Right before leaving, I looked at myself one last time in the full length mirror to make sure I looked okay. If I'm being honest I think my subconscious was wanting me to look cute. 

I choose a black pencil skit, a black blazer with a simple white shirt underneath it and some comfortable black flats I own. I fixed my curled hair one last time before walking out the door.

Driving over to the stadium, I turned up my music to not only wake me up but to calm my nerves. It's seems as if the closer I drove to the stadium my heart began to beat faster. You know when you get nervous to present and you want to throw up, that's where I'm at right now. I rather be presenting to my hundred people class I had back in college than doing this. 

"It's great to see you again!" Albert said with a huge smile as I pulled up to the media parking lot gate, being introduced by my favorite security guard.

 He's been working here for many, many years, greeting each ballplayer and media member that parks their car here. I did a story about him a few years ago when he hit his 25 year anniversary. He is truly the sweetest person I have ever met. 

"Good morning! How are you today?"

"Can't complain! A super star is visiting the team!" He said with a huge smile. 

I let out a laugh, biting my tongue because I want to let him know we might be signing him by the end of the day and hearing him call Seungmin a super star. "I hope they can convince them!"

"Me to but we shall see." He hit the button and up went the arm gate, "See you later, have fun today!"

"I will!" I smiled but it quickly disappeared when I drove off, knowing it's not going to be fun at all. If this was anyone else, I would be super excited to cover this story....I was kind of wishing it was someone else. 

I parked the car, turned it off and sat starting at the back of the car front of me. I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh. I know I have to get going, let me check my make-up one last time in my car mirror before I go.... I guess I really want to make sure I look cute for him.  I gathered my belongings, my badge and headed towards the stadium.

I didn't know what to expect, I just know he can either remember or might have forgotten me. Honestly, if he forgot me, I think my heart would break. 

"Good morning," the security guard said as I walked up to sign in.

"Good morning, how are you today?" I asked the tall man with dark brown hair with green eyes, who seems as if he is new because I have never seen him before. 

"Doing well, thank you."

I signed myself in and walked to the media room, glad to be back in a space I call another home. Walking in, I spotted some reporters already working on stories, they all recognized me as they moved their sight my way once they heard the door close.