Chapter 15

"You look great, they won't see you as the little girl they once knew. This will show them how grown up you are now." I thought of what Dani told me as I was leaving the house to meet up with the family at dinner. 

Min offered to drive me but considering he would be with his girlfriend, I quickly declined that offer. Me sit in the back seat while him and his girlfriend hold hands or him having his hand on her thigh like he use to do with me...um yeah no fucking thank you. I know his intention meant well but there's no way in hell I could sit through that. 

I pulled up to this fancy restaurant that Mrs. Kim picked out, I'm not shocked she choose something this fancy. Back in Seoul, all of the top restaurants would know her name as soon as we walked through the door. And if the place was packed, they would find the family a seat within a minute.

I got down, handed the young man my keys, fixing my tight black dress to make sure it's not wrinkled or showing my ass off because I couldn't handle that right now. I remember when I was younger and my mother made sure to iron all of my clothes well before I head over to the Kim's house. She didn't want Min's mom to think less of me.  

Okay, here we go, I said to myself as I opened the door to the restaurant being bombarded with people right by the front door. I was shocked it was busy on a Tuesday night but I guess with Spring Training in town it would be packed. 

"Excuse me," I said as I made my way through the sea of people to get to the host stand where there was a young woman and a man who seemed crazy stressed from the amount of people grouped into the small space. 

I waited in the line for a few seconds, ready to text Min asking where he is, when the young man waved me over to his side of the stand. "Hi Ms. how many I help you?"

"Hi there, I'm with a group under the last name Kim first name Seungmin..." I said as he nodded his head, searching for the table on the Ipad they use to keep track of all their customers. 

"Ah yes, they're already here! Follow her and she will lead you." He said with a smile as he pointed to this very nice girl who waved me over. 

"How was your day Ms.?" She asked as I followed her to the table.

"It was good, long day at work but get to finally eat." Because to me that's the only silver lining about this tonight. I already have Dani on standby with alcohol and ice cream incase this goes horrible. My plan is to talk to the sister and the parents, pretend as if Min and his girlfriend aren't at the same table. 

But as we were walking up, I saw his family and no girlfriend...unless she's in the bathroom. She should have came, right? Unless Min told her who I was and she didn't want to show up. If that's the case I would understand, I wouldn't have either. 

My thoughts broke up when we finally arrived, all eyes were on me once she announced to the family I was here. She was dropping me off like a parent does to kids on the first day of school and just like when I was little...I didn't want her to leave. I felt scared not knowing what could happen after she departs. 

"Darling!" Mrs. Kim yelled out in excitement as she stood up and brought me in for tight hug. "It's wonderful to see you again!" She said as she hugged me tightly.

"Nice to see you again," I breathed out as I could feel my hands become sweaty. I pulled back and saw her lavish outfit for the night. It was a short, dark blue dress that had the Valentino logo stitched at the bottom left of the dress. Her outfits will never not amaze me, I swear. 

I made my way around the table hugging all of Min's family. Hugged his dad who had on a nice dark blue polo to match his wife. I honestly missed when they matched, they had some cute outfits that I remember. Then, I hugged his beautiful sister who had on a gorgeous white and yellow casual dress that sat an inch above her knees with thin straps that had little yellow flowers on them. Her hair was curled, hiding her diamond earrings.