Chapter five

Seungmin's pov:

"How was the meeting? Did you sign with Seattle?" My girlfriend Soyeon asked through our facetime.

"No...I told them I needed a day to decided," I sighed knowing there are many factors playing into this...although...there's actually a huge one now -- seeing my ex again.

"I thought you were determined to sign there?" She cocked one of her eyes brows up, seeming as if she was frustrated by me putting it off  an extra day. 

"I am...its just--"

"Were the owners mean? Coaching staff horrible? Media terrible people?" she asked interrupting me. 

"No," I shook my head, feeling a bit frighten she brought the media up, thinking back to Y/N. "It's not like that, just want to make sure it's a good fit. Especially with you."

A small smile appeared on her face, "I told you, we will go wherever they pay you the most." She let out a chuckle as I only rolled my eyes. 

"Well, I better get to sleep it's pretty late over here," I lied to her because I just wanted to get off the phone. "Love you."

"Okay, love you too."

I hung up, fell back onto my bed and closed my eyes as I rubbed my head. I really did want to sign with this team but now I'm not so sure. Let me call my best friend and see if he can help me out because my mind is all over the place. 

After a few rings, my dearest friend and old teammate picked up

"Did you sign with the team yet!?" He asked immediately as the phone was close to his face, making me laugh

"Hello to you too Jeongin," I couldn't help but shake my head from this guy. "No I haven't..."

"Oh...I thought you wanted to?"

"I do...it's just..." I let out a deep sigh and tried to find a way to tell him. He knows about Y/N because we were all in one huge friend group. He missed her a lot after she left.  "Remember Y/N?" 

"Yeah?" He curiously eyed me through the screen. 

"Well...she's a reporter here for the paper..." I said slowly, afraid how he was going to take the news. 

"Oh fuck!!" He yelled out, covering his face in complete shock.

"Yeah..."

"Well...did you talk to her??"

"No, we left immediately  after the Q&A was over."

"Do you want to talk to her???"

I sat up in my spot a bit, knowing I was thinking the same thing because it was great to see her again but it also hurt. I ran my left hand through my hair as I didn't know how to truly answer him, "I...I don't know..."