PMH3: My Mate. 10 - Power

I couldn't do it. I broke up with him. It was too much, to be with him while knowing he could be with someone. It was one of the worst moments in my life to say those six words too him. It not only broke his heart but mine aswell.

"I just don't love you enough" I said to him. You could see in his eyes that it broke his heart. It was a lie thought but it was a lie needed. It would be better off without the heart break after. It had been a week since we have spoken and I still had so many years to go. I was in my own hell but it was deserved, I know he can be happier with his mate than me. So I thought Id give him the chance.

RYAN:

My god! All the drama going on was ridiculous! Rachelle and Leon were on weird terms, all she would give him was physical and that wasn't what Leon wanted but he knew, that right now, that was all she could and would give. We had those pouchers downstairs in the basement, I was banned which was best. I couldn't stand to see Chad. I felt so sorry for him. His love was dead, because of Max no matter if it was best. That was all Chad saw and I could understand that. Which led to me and Max; he forgave me for me judging him but I know he's hurt so he avoids me. Not that he'll admit that. Speaking of avoidance- Owen and Rory hadnt spoken since they got back. Something happened while they were away and it was breaking my hearts that theyre hearts were breaking. So I decided to do something about it.

"Rory?" I said gently, knocking on her bedroom door. She had hid in there as much as she could. She looked up and gave me smile letting me know to come in. "You doing okay?" she nodded which was a lie. I softly sat on the bed facing her but close enough for touch comfort if it was needed. "Don't lie to me. Talk too me." I whispered. She didn't say anything just looked over my shoulder, I sighed and follwoed her eyes t osee the picture of her Owen on what looked like her 13th birthday. "You and Owen, something changed... while you were away?" I said in a question, she slowly nodded.

"He cant be with me, he needs to find his mate." She whispered too me, meeting my eyes tears clear in them. I was so shocked that I couldn't find the words.

"W-what? Huh?" I managed.

"We had a day together... as a c-couple. But I knew it would make it harder when he finds his mate so I didn't want to cause even more heartbreak before it was too late." She explained. Shaking my head I placed a hand on her knee.

"Answer these: when he touches me, does it feel like your flying?" she gently nodded. "When he touches you, holds you- feel safe?" she again nodded, just like I thought. "And when he kisses you?" I said, she blushed but answered.

"I feel loved. Like im his and only his." She whispered, I grinned nodding in aproval.

"Love, that's what mating bond is." I said, she looked up in surprise.

"You and Max?" she asked me. I grinned nodded.

"The same!" I said happy now, she stared at me in disbelief.

Knock. Knock. There was a gently knock on the door, we both looked up to see Owen, he wasn't looking at me but straight at Rory. "Ryan, Max wants too see you." The way he said it, almost made me say no he didn't it was an excuse but either way I knew I had to leave the room. Leaning forwards I gently kissed Rory's forhead.

"Ill be downstairs." I said, standing up walking over to Owen. "If you hurt her again, I will break your neck." I growled low to him, he was shocked enough to look away from Rory.

"I wont." He promised me, nodding I left them in peace. Going to find my mate to sort that out now.

Rory:

"Uhh." I said to him, he stpped into the room, closing the door. Leaving us alone in the room. He slowly walked across the room making sure I don't move an inch. I was the prey he was the predator. Once he got to the bed, I quickly bounced off so I was standing on the other side. We didn't say anything for a few moments just stared at each other.