Destined for One Another (19)

Mahinoor's P.O.V.

Landing in New York City, I follow close behind Rehna not wanting to get lost in this ginormous airport. "Slow down!" I said to Rehan tired of him walking so fast, as I struggled to keep up because of how heavy my bags were. We both were lugging our luggage around in carts, as he had his own, and I had mine, but alittle help here and there would not hurt him. Rehan sighed as he waited beside the doors, that showed the way out of this large maze. This was the first time I had ever stepped foot out of Huntsville and he knew that, but still with the male ego of always having to walk infront of the women, he sped through everything. . .

"Hurry up," He exclaimed motioning with his hand for me to walk faster earning a glare from me. Finally catching up to him, I let go of the buggy to catch my breath, "Come on Mahi, the car is waiting for us outside, just a bit more."

"Maybe if you weren't running a marathon threw the airpot I wouldnt be so out of breath," I retorted back, before standing back up.

Rehan sighed, "Stop being dramatic," He pulled my hands back onto the handle and said, "Let's go."

Disturbed by how little he cared about me, I looked. at him carefully, he had completely changed since we had landed here in New York, he was more confident, meaner, more carefree, and jittery too. "Chalo!" (Let's go!) He said firmly basically dragging me behind him, and as soon as the car came in sight realization kicked into why he was so jittery and excited. Alizeh stepped out of the car with the biggest smile on her face holding up two bags of MacDonald's in the air.

Leaving me behind once. again, Rehan jogged over to her, pulling her into a hug as I awkwardly made my way behind him, "Hello," I greeted Alizeh, whose smile dropped as soon as she saw me. If looks could kill, I would be ten feet underground at the moment.

"Hey," Alizeh said coldly,

Rehan cleared his throat standing in between us, "Azlaan will be coming soon," He said to me, I looked at him confused.

"Azlaan?" I ask softly,

"I am going to head off with Alizeh, and Azlaan will take you back to my apartment." He explained, "Don't worry he's a good guy, he's my best friend."

I wanted to ask if he could come with me but was too afraid of how he or Alizeh would react, so I kept quiet. "Okay," I said.

"How was the flight?" Alizeh asked Rehan,

"Good, we got pretty good seats in business class, so it was an easy trip back home." He considered New York his home over Huntsville and I wouldn't blame him. I mean the past ten years, he has worked hard to make this his home, and soon I will too. "It was Mahi's first time on a plane so she was alittle scared, right Mahi?" It was obvious he wanted us to become comfortable with one another, but the clear cold behavior from Alizeh was more than enough for me to stay clear from her.

"Right," I answered,

Alizeh offered a small smile but didn't say anything, thankfully a few seconds later Azlaan showed up with his car. He got out quickly welcoming Rehan back, before turning towards me, "Welcome to New York, Bhabhi." Silence fell upon us as soon as he called me Bhabhi.

I anxiously clenched the material of my sweatpants, "Mahinoor, is just fine." I answered, "But thank you,"

Rehan punched his shoulder harshly causing him to flinch, "Told you not to make her uncomfortable," He scolded him.

Azlaan put his hands up in defense, but still had the stupid smile on his face, "Sorry, thought I could tease her alittle, do not worry though Mahinoor, no more jokes, promise."