Chapter 4

The pirates laughed as Lisa emptied her stomach for the third time that day, the seasickness had gotten the best of her and she was now hanging over the railing of the boat trying not to throw up once more. Jennie watched from the distance, she was concerned that the younger woman would be sick through the whole trip. Her husband was speaking to her, she had not listened to a single word that had come out of his mouth. He didn't seem to take notice of this either which is why he kept speaking to his wife.

"I must see if Lisa is alright." She walked away from her husband as soon as she spoke. He was left speechless and a deep frown on his face. Jennie walked over to the woman who had turned pale and nearly green from sickness. She patted the woman's back. "How ill are you? Perhaps a glass of fresh ice cold water will help you?" The empress suggested. Her knight turned to look at her and nodded.

"Yes please." She quickly turned back around feeling her stomach twist and turn again, this time nothing was left. She had nothing more to throw up other than her own stomach acid.

After an hour or so the sickness seemed to finally go down and she was ready to settle down in bed despite it being the middle of the day. Jennie went in to check up on her regularly, making sure her knight was comfortable and well. As day turned to night they were both ready for bed.

"It is awfully cold in here, is it not?" Jennie asked. Lisa nodded, but she found it to be colder back at the castle. At least she had fur and a warm duvet covering her frame on the ship. She had already undressed and was sleeping in a shirt, slacks, and a pair of warm wool socks.

Lisa watched the older woman start to undress. "Turn around," Jennie ordered. Her knight made sure to quickly turn her whole body around. How embarrassing being caught staring at the empress. The empress put on her usual nightgown.

They fell asleep shortly after, Lisa's sickness luckily had not continued during the night. Jennie found the waves comforting and it made it easier for her to fall asleep.

The trip was long and horrible for Lisa who got sick nearly every day. Jennie had even gotten sick the last day as well, she thought the younger woman had influenced her. She did not usually get sick during long trips at sea. They had all finally set foot by the shores of Rivalon Where the landscape was powdered with snow just like home. A carriage was waiting for them, it was going straight to the castle of Rivalon Where they were staying for a week or more.

Lisa watched with caution making sure nobody was going after the empress. She made sure to stand in front of Jennie, no one had a clear shot of her from the distance which was good. Jennie got inside the carriage safely and so did her husband. They arrived at the castle about ten minutes later. It was at the heart of the city, and big was it too, but not bigger than the two most important people in the region's castle.

Outside the courtyard stood king Jong-dae ( chen) and his wife; queen Mi-hee of the Rivalon Kingdom waiting for their emperor and empress to greet them. Jong-in walked out first, leaving his wife in the carriage. Lisa helped the empress out of her carriage, she thanked her with a smile and a nod while she caught up with Jong-in. "Emperor Jong-in and his wife, we are pleased to meet you. It is an honor." The king spoke as he shook Jong-in's hand.

"I am pleased to meet you as well, I hope we will form a strong alliance with each other." The emperor replied. The king smiled and nodded, but his attention diverted to the two people behind the powerful couple. Jong-in took notice of this and made sure to introduce his two knights to king Jong-dae. The queen stood there in silence as did the empress. The two women were going to have tea later that week, it was simply common courtesy to do so. This was not something Jennie particularly enjoyed doing, but it had to be done.

Jong-dae showed the couple their room, it was big, but the one at home was bigger and cozier. Seeing as Jennie's husband lacked common sense, she told King Jong-dae that they needed their knights to have a room close to them for protection. The king granted the empress's wish and gave the two knights separate rooms close to Jennie and Jong-in.