Chapter 11

"Are you ready to be painted Lisa?" Jennie asked, the knight had just finished her training. After Jennie had a word with the commander she made sure none of the men would taunt or bother Lisa again, if they did they would not be allowed to work for her anymore.

"May I take a bath first?" She asked. She had trained herself to the point of exhaustion almost. She needed a bath, not wanting to smell or look bad in the presence of the empress. Jennie nodded and let the woman have a bath before she was painted while the other one prepared what she needed for the portrait. A canvas, the paint, brushes, and a glass of water to clean them.

Lisa made sure to make herself look good for the portrait, she was supposed to keep the painting in her room so she wanted it to look good when she looked at it. She felt much more refreshed and clean when she was done with her bath.

When she was done she looked at the bed and saw a note sitting there with a pile of clothes. She took the note and read it. "Wear this for the portrait.". There were Black boots that she had to lace up, the clothes had vibrant colors which was a sign of wealth, not only in Jennie's kingdom But also in Khougon where Lisa was from.

The slacks were black while the shirt was a red one, it was a size too big so it laid loosely on her body, she tucked the poet shirt in her slacks. A red hat with golden details and a red feather attached to it, and at the end some black gloves. The older woman had put a lot of thought into the painting. The outfit looked good in Lisa opinion and paid no mind to it.

She walked to the painting room where Jennie was sitting on the sofa, drinking her bitter tea. She looked up at Lisa, ignoring the fact that she had not knocked which is something she preferred everyone to do before entering her most private chambers. That was not important now because her attention was on the younger woman's outfit, it looked great on her. She put her tea down and approached her knight.

Jennie rested her hand at the waist of the younger woman, she removed her hat and kissed her knight with a sense of passion. She could not resist as her knight looked too good in the new outfit. She was a very attractive woman and she needed to be reminded of that. "You look great," Jennie spoke while she took a second look at the woman.

"Thank you, M- Jennie," It was the first time she had spoken the woman's name, she liked the name.

"I believe you would look great with your hair in a braid, what do you think?" The older woman rolled a few strands of hair around her finger.

"Yes."

Lisa sat on a chair while Jennie was seated on the sofa braiding Lisa's hair. It was long and it looked great. She put on the hat again and smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, but If you do not mind I would like to draw all of you, instead of a portrait, it will take longer and I understand If you do not have the patience for that."

"No, it is fine. I would like that." Of course she would, it just meant she had the opportunity to spend more time with the empress, nothing was better than spending time with her.

Jennie gave the woman a bow and a spear to pose with, the bow was on her back while the spear was being held with both hands. She started drawing the outlines, making sure the proportions were right, if they were not- the painting would be completely ruined. It could be well-shaded and everything would be perfect, but if she found the painting to be too out of proportion she would immediately throw it out, it was something she hated the most which is why she learned that ability first.

Over an hour had passed and Jennie was satisfied with how it looked. She began painting in the colors she had picked and a couple of hours went by again. The knight grew bored and hoped the woman would be done soon, but she was far from done. Of course, she could not finish the painting in one day. "How about we go eat? It seems like dinner is over." Jennie suggested, that she thought it was best to end there for the day, but she could not wait to draw Lisa again. It was so much fun. "Hopefully we will be able to visit my sister in a couple of days." The older woman spoke while she cleaned her supplies.