Chapter 9

Jennie woke up in the arms of her knight, she looked up at the sleeping woman,

She did not expect the woman to still be asleep seeing how she seemed to be a morning person.

She felt content having strong arms wrapped around her, she felt...happy.

Jennie moved Lisa's shirt to the side and placed a kiss on her collar bone while smiling.

It had been hours since their kiss, but just like yesterday's events,

she held no regrets for what she had done.

She felt a gentle squeeze on her arm and looked up to see Lisa's eyes open.

They exchanged smiles but had yet to speak a word, but it was not needed at that moment.

Sooner or later they had to get out of bed and face the consequences of their actions, they needed to face reality.

What they did was not something that should have happened, but it did.

Jennie got off Lisa first, she just stared at the woman wondering what she could say, that is why the first thing she told Lisa in the morning was a simple.

"Good morning."

And with that, she walked off into the washroom where she would get ready for the day on her own, something she rarely did seeing how she had maids to take care of that.

She was in that washroom not being able to divert her thoughts from Lisa and the kiss they shared last night.

She was unsure of how to approach her knight now that their professional relationship had formed into something else, there was no turning back now. Their relationship had been changed forever, all from a simple kiss. Well, it would be seen as a simple kiss by other people, but between the two women, it held something special.

Jennie finished her look and opened the bathroom door, she found Lisa still in bed, of course, she was still in bed. She had no access to the bathroom that Jennie had occupied therefore she could not have gotten ready.

Their eyes met and they both refused to remove the eye contact. The older woman was panicking, should she say something? Should she try kissing Lisa again? No of course not, that would be reckless and foolish of her.

"I will be waiting for you here while you get ready, we can eat breakfast together." Jennie finally spoke, she was nervous but managed to get the sentence out with no difficulty. The knight nodded and got ready herself in the same bathroom while Jennie waited for her by the door. She looked at the time and noticed she had slept far longer than she was used to, it seemed like she got a better night's sleep with her knight by her side instead of her husband.

When Lisa was ready they headed for the door, but Jennie stood in front of Lisa, stopping her from opening the door. She needed to say something, but she was unsure of what. "We must not discuss what happened," Jennie said hoping Lisa understood what she was talking about.

Lisa nodded and gave a small smile. "Of course not." She replied. The empress returned the smile and opened the door. They walked side to side into the dining room where food was in the process of being taken away. The maids saw the two women and apologized for not waiting for the empress to eat before cleaning up. Jennie brushed it off and said it was alright, the food was put back and Lisa was able to get a good rich meal while the empress was more cautious of what she ate, making sure not to gain any more unnecessary weight.

"You were probably supposed to train this morning were you not?" The empress asked. They were sitting in the painting room. Lisa was deep in thought when the older woman had asked the question. "I am sorry, what?"