C H A P T E R ~ 15

3rd person

A tall man with grey hair and glasses opened the door and looked at the twins in confusion.

"How may I help you?" He questioned them. "We have an appointment with DCS for an update" John B said whilst running a hand through his hair.

"Ah follow me" the man said letting the two teens through the door as they followed him through the corridors and to a reception desk where a lady with dull ginger hair sat typing away.

"These two have a meeting" the grey haired man said to the lady. "Names" she said coldly not once looking up.

"Navy and John B Routledge" Navy said crossing her arms over her chest. "Ah yes take a seat someone will be with you shortly" she replied still not looking up at us.

"Cheers" the blue eyes girl said as she pulled her brother towards the waiting area.

"How long do you think we will be here" John B questioned his sister. "Fuck knows but I have a shift tomorrow at 10 so it better not be long" she replied before slouching in her chair.

The twins didn't set off till about 1 in the afternoon so they didn't arrive till about 5pm.

"Routledge twins?" A police officer said as he walked out of a room. "Erm yeah that's us" John B said as they stood up from waiting for nearly an hour.

"This way please" the officer said.

Navy Brook Routledge

Me and John B walked into a plain white room before being told to take a seat.

"How long is this going to take I have a shift at 10 tomorrow morning" I sighed before crossing my leg over the other as well as folding my arms.

"Still the same Navy I remember" the lady said as she placed her arms on the desk infront of her.

"Cheryl why are we here?" John B asked.

"Well I just needed an update of everything at home" she said. "Is that it?" I asked annoyed.

"Yes that is it Navy so tell me. How is it being under Mr and Mrs Carearas wing?" She asked me.

"It's great actually. They let me stay at their house as much as I need as well as my own. They also got me a job at their restaurant" I replied with a smile. Forced one by the way. It was clear I didn't want to be there.

"So is this before or after you left the Outer Banks?" She questioned raising her eyebrows at me.

"Can we not talk about that please. I came home. It was a mistake I took full responsibility for so drop it" I snapped at the dark hairs woman.

"Anyways John B. How's your situation going?" She said choosing to ignore me causing me to roll my eyes at her.

"Oh yeah erm it's great I have the same situation as my sister. I can go home whenever I want or stay with the Cameron's whenever as well" he said whilst shuffling in his seat.

Cheryl was writing down every detail we said.

"Any work John B?" She asked my twin.