C H A P T E R ~ 16

Flash back pt 2

Navy Brook Routledge

I had been tossing and turning all night long.

I haven't managed to get a good nights sleep since my dad died at sea and the whole group had noticed.

I was currently sat in my bed pondering on what I should do.

Then it came to me.

I had to leave.

I packed everything I thought I would need into a few bags so it would last me a while along with any makeup and other essentials I may need.

It was around 3:40 in the morning so I knew my brother would be asleep and everyone else was at home.

No one could talk me out of this now.

I decided to write John B a note along with JJ.

I started with JJs as I knew John Bs would be the hardest. After all he is my twin brother.

As I was writing JJs I had tears threatening to spill from my eyes whilst trying my hardest to hold in my sobs so I didn't wake my brother up.

Once I finished JJs I placed it on the side of the kitchen counter and started John Bs.

Dear Bird x

Before I start I just want to let you know that I love you so so much and that I am alive and well. Hopefully. And that I appreciate everything you have ever done for me our whole lives. From getting chicken pox together to loosing our farther together. No matter how far apart we are or what happens you will always be the one I call my main family. Fuck now I'm stalling.

There's no easy way to put this bro but I'm going away for a while. Just not the same way as dad.

He went away and never came back. But I know I will come back at some point, I just don't know when.

Please keep fighting for us John B. I love you more than words can say and I know I don't tell you enough but I really do. I love you brother and I'm glad it's you and no one else.

Please don't come looking for me or try contacting me until I'm ready to face the truth of our farther.

I love you finger guns,

Love Dove xx

Ps: please give JJ his letter when no one else is there as I don't know how he will take all this and make sure you look out for one another and don't miss me to much. Xx

Now I was in full tears.

Tear drops were left on the paper I was writing on but I couldn't  help it.

I folded it up and placed it into an envelope placing it next to JJs letter before picking up my bags and leaving the place I call home.

I didn't know where I was going I had no plan and $20 in my pocket.

I didn't really think this through but I knew, well I thought I did, that this was the best choice for me right now.