Convergence in Crisis

Karishma's Pov

As I disembark from the auto, exchanging the customary fare with the elderly driver, I instinctively reach for my earphones, eager to drown out the world with the solace of music. The rhythmic beats usher in a familiar tune, a haunting melody that has been my refuge since the day he departed. This particular song resonates with me, unlike the clichéd romantic ballads; it boldly encapsulates the conflicting emotions of love and resentment that linger after a heart-shattering departure. Lost in the music, I traverse the busy street, humming along to the poignant lyrics.

A sudden intrusion interrupts my private world as I close my eyes to alleviate the irritation caused by a stray speck of dust. In that fleeting moment of vulnerability, an unforeseen force collides with me, sending me crashing to the ground, the impact focused on my head. As I lie there, the realization dawns upon me—I've met an unanticipated end, yet I'm relieved that it wasn't a deliberate one, not breaking the promise I made to Rahul. It wasn't a suicide, but a fortuitous accident orchestrated by fate.

As I gather my thoughts in the aftermath of the collision, I can't help but acknowledge a sense of contentment. The suffering that plagued me has concluded, and I find an odd gratitude in the unplanned turn of events. Amidst my murmured repetition that it was an accident, and I had faced an accident, a lingering concern emerges. My diary, harboring intimate thoughts and secrets, rests in my bag. A momentary worry about its potential discovery flits through my mind, but then I dismiss it with a resigned conviction—what does it matter? I won't be around to endure the aftermath of anyone stumbling upon my innermost thoughts.

As Raj steps out of the car, anticipating minor injuries from the impact, he is met with a horrifying scene. In the midst of the road lies a woman in her twenties, enveloped by her own pool of blood. As he cautiously approaches, he is struck by a haunting familiarity with the face before him. Uncertain of the connection, he advances with a detective-like curiosity, drawn to the body as if on a mission. His eyes fixate on an ID card amidst the macabre scene, and as he retrieves it, a chilling revelation sends shivers down his spine. The name of the person is none other than the person he had yearned to see for years, but certainly not in this tragic state – it's Karishma, Karishma Malhotra. Overwhelmed with shock and disbelief, he instinctively dials the only number that comes to his mind – Rahul.

"Rahul, pick up man! Shoot, Anjali might have called him to talk to him."

He messages Rahul the location and the reason and then instinctively dials the doctor friend, it was Karishma's friend Atirma who was on the line.

"Atirma, I need help. Karishma met with an accident, a motor accident and is lying in a pool of blood. I don't know what to do"

"My god, these teachers have made such a good set up to test their student, well Raj be serious for once. What are the chances that you would meet her? "

"I am serious, I am scared. I have no clue what to do, I would not be joking about such a thing"

"Ok so, you are being for real. Ok, I want you to make sure, she keeps her eyes open at all times because she has chances of slipping into Coma."

"Her eyes are closed already. Does that mean-"

"No, no, no. Ok, call the Ambulance and let me know the details of the hospital, I'll be there"

He keeps tapping Karishma's cheeks to make sure she gains her consciousness.

"Karishma, damn it open your eyes, just open your eyes, Karishma don't test me, just open your eyes, KARISHMA OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES"

Karishma opens her eyes and looks up, as Raj turns back to see what Karishma is looking at, his attention is drawn to a tall figure standing beside him, clad in a striking ensemble of black and blue formals. Without the need to glance upward, he recognizes the person instantly, a knowing smile gradually spreading across his face. The long-awaited moment has arrived – he is here, and at last, their paths have converged, Karishma's and Rahul's even if its in such a situation.

Guys please vote and comment, its my first time on wattpad, it will be encouraging