Flashback3- the accident.

As Karishma disembarked from the auto (she usually uses auto in order to help the elderly people), exchanging the customary fare with the elderly driver, she instinctively reach for my earphones, eager to drown out the world with the solace of music. The rhythmic beats usher in a familiar tune, a haunting melody that has been her refuge since the day he departed. That particular song resonates with her, unlike the clichéd romantic ballads; it boldly encapsulates the conflicting emotions of love and resentment that linger after a heart-shattering departure. Lost in the music, she traversed the busy street, humming along to the poignant lyrics.

A sudden intrusion interrupted her private world as she closed her eyes to alleviate the irritation caused by a stray speck of dust. In that fleeting moment of vulnerability, an unforeseen force collided with her, sending her crashing to the ground, the impact focused on her head. As she lied there, the realization dawned upon her— she had met an unanticipated end, yet she was relieved that it wasn't a deliberate one, not breaking the promise she made to Rahul. It wasn't a suicide, but a fortuitous accident orchestrated by fate.

As she gathered her thoughts in the aftermath of the collision, she could not help but acknowledge a sense of contentment. The suffering that plagued her has concluded, and she found an odd gratitude in the unplanned turn of events. Amidst my murmured repetition that it was an accident, and she had faced an accident, a lingering concern emerged. Her diary, harbouring intimate thoughts and secrets, rests in her bag. A momentary worry about its potential discovery flited through her mind, but then she dismissed it with a resigned conviction—what does it matter? She would not be around to endure the aftermath of anyone stumbling upon her innermost thoughts. As she closed her eyes slowly she could hear a voice which sounded oddly familiar- Raj?

"Rahul, pick up man! Shoot, Anjali might have called him to talk to him."

"Atirma, I need help. Karishma met with an accident, a motor accident and is lying in a pool of blood. I don't know what to do" Raj started off

"I am serious, I am scared. I have no clue what to do, I would not be joking about such a thing" He continued as tears threatened to fall of

"Her eyes are closed already. Does that mean-" Raj said his voice breaking

" Ok" He said vulnerably with regret as tears made their way out of his eyes and cut the call

He keeps tapping Karishma's cheeks to make sure she gains her consciousness.

"Karishma, damn it open your eyes, just open your eyes, Karishma don't test me, just open your eyes, KARISHMA OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES" He started screaming.

Karishma opened her eyes and looked up, her attention is drawn to a tall figure standing beside him, clad in a striking ensemble of black and blue formals- Rahul? she mumbled

"Raj, what is this.... I...it can...n't b..e K..kari..shma, no it can't be Karishma, it can't be her, tell me it's not her" Rahul spoke vulnerably

"Rahul, Rahul be strong. Karishma's pulse is still there, you can feel. Calm down, Atirma is on her way. I have already called the Ambulance." Raj replied reassuring him

As Rahul bends down and holds Karishma's hand, Karishma just stares at him and gives a smile, an arrogant smile.

"R..ra.hul, s...ee I...I.kk..e...pt mmmy...pr..om..ise, I.....I...I...k..e...ptt mmmmyy pppro..mise..I..I..d.i..ddn't br..e.a..k i..it un..un..lik...e...y..ou" she said that before closing her eyes letting the darkness surround her.