Cherry Blossom Memories

Rahul sighed while sitting at the breakfast table, its been quite sometime he visited his family, he feared that he would hurt them just the way he hurted Karishma yet he misses them terribly. He was fighting an internal battle whether to visit them or not when his phone rang, it was Atirma.

"Hello, Atirma? All good? Its unlikely you would call me..." Rahul sounded feeble and broken.

"Rahul, I told Karishma a made up story that you and Raj apologized. I also told her that you guys have been friends for years now, so you know what I mean....you can go with the flow" Atirma said

"What? Why?" Rahul questioned

"It just slipped out of my mouth. Now deal with it.... Bye" Atirma said

"Bye?" All Rahul could do was mumble

The thought of Karishma took him to one of the memories he always cherished and held close to his heart

Rahul's POV

It was in the beginning of grade 10 when we had a bagless day... it was not literal, but we did not have to carry any books. We had a many activities lined up like pottery, 3d drawing, cooking, baking, gardening, writing, shading and much more. I was not sure, but it was more like god's wish, me and Karishma were put in the same activities. Starting with 3d drawing, gardening and then baking. Me and Karishma were paired up together for every activity by the teachers. We had so much fun, we were given cherry blossom to plant and the way she concentrated was applause worthy because it was lunch break, everyone left yet she was determined to complete what she was doing. I was just helping her with minor tasks like getting water, clearing out the waste etc. Her face beamed with joy, eyes sparkled and she was jumping like a 5 year old kid who got chocolate after begging her parents for quite some time.

"Rahul, Rahul dekho naa... We planted the cherry blossom, now the school is going to be pink." Karishma said joyously

"Aise behave kar rahi jaise tumhara SRK se mulakat ho gaya hain tera... relax. I don't think, it will even bloom in bangalore's temperature... its grown in Japan." I said

"Buddhu, why are you always negative... tujhe naa main, Idea." Karishma said with a smirk.

She smeared the wet mud on my hand. Me being me smeared a little more on her face, I have this weird obsession with smearing mud on her face and she has it with my hand. Who knew that this little game would turn into mud war. Both of our uniforms were smeared with this mud and so were our faces. When Rajesh sir found this we were first take to Hema ma'am who was our principal and then to Leela ma'am from both of whom we received hell lot of scoldings. We were also barred from attending the rest of the activities and had to stand outside the class in the lobby being stared by everyone and yet we were laughing like idiots who lost our minds. Well we indeed did otherwise who would laugh and fall on the floor for being punished. What days those were.....

Well Karishma and Rahul do have some weird connection with mud and smearing it on each other right?

Comment, vote, share and also do let me know the changes

Love y'all