Anjali's fear

Anjali's POV.

I was happy that she remembered the past, the fact that Rahul and her friends lied to her pissed me off more that anything else. I felt the urge to let her know everything not because I wanted her away from Rahul but rather wanted them to be friend on the grounds of reality. I myself felt shocked, why do I not feel jealous, why do I not want her away from Rahul? Do I not have feelings for him anymore? No, no its not possible, right? I can't possibly not like Rahul anymore, as I was thinking all this I muttered out subconsciously, 

'He is cheat and he lied to you Karishma.', 

I could see the panic etched on Karishma's face as her body lying on the bed shivered. I heard Karishma say everything about the past, my heart ached knowing that she had to face so much because of a mistake I made, the one I should have never made if only I did not do that, we all would have been friends like we were earlier.

 A lone tear escaped my eyes. Karishma completed narrating everything she almost screamed as she told the next part. "My Diary, who has it, what all has that person read, what does he or she think I am doing with my life. Oh my god, oh my god. And why did Atirma, Swetha and Nishika lie about my friendship with Rahul, am I genuinely so bad, that everyone targets me, I hate myself, why did I survive the accident." she said as she started to loose the little sanity she had.

 "Shh, its ok.... they did it for your well-being only. Relax." I said trying to comfort Karishma.

"He.... he said this during one of the occasions when we fought- the last person I thought I would break ties with was you. Anjali, only if you had not ruined everything, only if you did not lie to him and parallelly cook up a story and tell that to me (A/n:- About Karishma's presence was mentally disturbing Rahul)" she said breathing heavily and let the darkness surround her. 

The panic surged inside me as I immediately went out to the lobby to find one of the doctors.

--------------

Rahul's POV

Mom, dad, Anjali what were they doing here?? I moved out of my room greeting them with a smile on my face. Maa gave me her radiant smile, who could say she was my mom, she doesn't look like half her age. 

"Hi?" I said which came out more like a question.

"Bhaiya, kese ho aap, apko hune kitna miss kiya." Anaya said, literally jumping on me and hugging me with a force which I never knew she possessed.

"Anaya, please get off, you are choking the life of me." I said dramatically."How are you guys?" I said, my eyes glistening with tears.

"Fit and fine unlike you. Look what you have made of yourself, you look so pale and weak." Papa said engulfing me in a fatherly bear hug, soon after which Maa and Anaya joined.

"Raj Bhai, you also come, you re definitely a part of our family." Anaya said breaking the hug and going towards Raj pulling him towards us. How much have I missed, how mature has Anaya become?

Our emotional reunion lasted for a few moments and the realization struck me, we did not have any provisions at home.

"Mom, dad you guys wait. Raj come we have to go to the supermarket. Its Wednesday, offer time." I said with an enthusiastic voice as fake as my smile.

"You go Rahul, hume Raj se kuch baat karni hain." Papa said and I nodded. I took my bike key and headed towards the lift.

---------

Raj's POV

"Toh Raj, we would like you to break the truth." Uncle said with a commanding voice, I was confused as hell.

"Huh?" That was the word that barely made out of my mouth.

"Bhai, please tell Karishma di's story." Anaya said with a sweet voice and puppy eyes.

"I-I I don't know anything, what do you mean Anaya?" I said fearing the upcoming.

"Raj we know the reason Rahul left us has something to do with Karishma." Aunty said.

"Its nothing like that Aunty, she was not that special." I said keeping my voice as composed as I could.

"Don't lie Raj, Rahul never even asked me to get a gift for your birthday if there was no birthday party that you hosted. He had asked me to get tattooist of astwitchz for her." Aunty said as Uncle gasped.

"Uskey liye tha? It was for her?" Uncle said with a shocked voice.

"Aunty, haan hain kuch baat that you people are not aware of but I don't think I should be the one revealing it. We should wait for Rahul to come."

 I said not wanting to reveal anything to do with them."I beg you Bhai, Haath jod rahi hoon main." Anaya said with a vulnerably voice.

I inhaled deeply before starting the flashback.