Pure Soul

Atirma's POV

"Can I get to know the room in which Karishma Malhotra has been shifted to?" I asked the nurse who had taken care of Karishma the times none of us could make it.

"Ma'am, She got discharged an hour ago." The nurse said, smiled and walked away.

"She ran away again?" I sighed. We have no way to contact her, not her phone number, not her address, nothing. I called Rahul but he would not pick up.

Hello Raj, is Rahul around? ~You

He went out for a walk, why? ~Raj

Oh, ask him to call back once he is back. You also stay close by. ~You

Why ~Raj

I'll tell then ~You

Ok bye ~Raj

Bye ~You

------------

20 mins later

 RAHUL'S POV.

"Rahul finally you are back. Atirma called you but I think your phone was on silent." Raj spoke to me as I entered the house.

"Ok! I replied monosyllabically as I was very mad at Raj.

"Yaar! I am sorry. Don't be angry." Raj pleaded me with puppy eyes

"Hmm..." I said as I checked my phone

12 MISSED CALLS FROM ATIRMA

Rahul call me asap. Its urgent, Raj must be with you. ~Atirma

I instinctively dialed her up sensing something wrong. Raj scooted closer to me.

"Hello?" I questioned on call.

"Hello Rahul, is Raj around?" A panicked Atirma said.

"Yeah, wait I'll put it on speaker so that he can also hear."I said.

"Karishma got discharged." Atirma said

 "Isn't that a good thing?" I questioned her.

"No, I mean yes but no. She went before I could come, technically ran away. We can't contact her anyway." Atirma replied to my question.

"What? Ok listen go to the reception and as for details." Raj told her earning a glare from me.

"Are you an idiot? These details are supposed to be confidential, the hospital would not reveal it." Atiram said the same thing I wanted to say."I have another idea" Raj spoke up again.

"You and your stupid ideas Don't waste our time." I said but he snatched the phone.

"Atirma you go back to the hostel and study. We'll go to her office tomorrow." Raj said

"But why will she go there?" Atirma questioned.

"Because she remembers her past." I said.

"What?" Atirma sounded shocked.

"Yeah." I explained her everything I know and a lone tear escaped my eyes.

"I have betrayed her." We all said in unison.

"And we all have to move on." Raj said eyeing me.

"Hmm... bye! I'll call you guys tomorrow" Atirma said and immediately cut the call.

I rushed to my room, locked it and cried my heart out. All this was too much for me to handle. First I get to know that Anjali and Raj betrayed my trust and the thing about Karishma betraying my trust is a lie. Then I hear her outburst and now she ran away without leaving any clue. But I will meet her tomorrow, apologize and set things right. I took out her diary and hugged it. I opened the date of my birthday without any apparent reason.

17th Aug 2014 

 Thursday

Dear Diary,

Today was Rahul's birthday. You know what I came up with a full name for him which sounds royal. Mr. Ayaan Shah sounds epic doesn't it. I did not write to you for quite some days as I was busy planning his birthday and had been extremely busy. When I was going through his pictures to make a collage found the farewell picture and started blushing. Never had a boy ever stood so close to me and never had a boy touched me. Chee why am I getting distracted. Let me tell you what I gifted him.

1. Homemade candies and cookies

2. Painting of his

3. Greeting cared

4. knitted teddy

5. A wildhorn wallet

He did not open it as Nirup and Raj wanted to record his reaction. They were going to have a sleepover at hs place. Aunty oh nono, I mean Maa had asked me to join them and I would have loved to joined them as my mom was okay with it but then if girls have a girls night then boys must have time for bromance right, so I politely rejected the offer.

Yours,

His Pragathi(I heard him tell it to Raj)

I could not resist the urge to open the painting made by Pragathi, Pragathi Elango.... sounds like a famous business woman's name, well what do I mean. She is a famous business women. I opened the next page which was an entry of a month later

18th September 2014

Wednesday

Dear Universe Ji,

Rahul told me god exists, so I am writing to you. What did I do to always get punished? Don't I deserve love, family and friendship. Well I guess I don't. Why does Rahul hate me so much. To add to fuel to the fire I get to know the actual reason on why Rahul hates me. The reason is Anjali's lie which was supported by Raj, I can't really blame him. he is madly in love with her. I tried speaking to Rahul today but he screamed as me. I want to die.

Yours, 

Nobody.

I decided to continue reading her dairy the entire night compromising my sleep. Every page made me sob hard. Her family or I for that matter did not deserve such a pure soul and I knew it. I turn to the pages of the farewell.