Ullu ke patte, gadha and kutta or kutti

Rahul walked through the sterile hospital lobby towards the place Atirma had asked him to come. There he saw Karishma's trio sitting over there waiting for him. He walked up to them an stood right in front of Atirma as he was afraid of the reaction of the other 2 girls.

"Rahul, remember how I spoke to you that Saturday when Atirma told me that Karishma had told her that she was attempting suicide and did not turn up to school and you looked regretful. I don't want to speak that way again but if you do something ulta then I will sue you for mentally torturing Karishma." Nishika stood up as she said this and walked away.

"Wait, she is a lawyer?" Rahul sounded doubtful.

"Hmm.." Swetha said this.

"She doesn't look like one." Rahul said trying to control the laughter.

"Don't judge a book by its cover Mr. Malhotra." Atirma said.

"I mean she was lowkey scolding me but it was too funny to take seriously." Rahul said laughing.

"You never changed Rahul, even after so many tries of Karishma." Swetha sounded disgusted.

Rahul zoned out once again, thinking about one of his conversations with Karishma.

"Rahul, I was saying the same thing to Anushree today." Karishma said

"What?" Rahul asked with confusion

"That we will be entering an extremely toxic world in a matter of few years, why not change our faults and contribute in making the world as lesser toxic place." Karishma said with all the emotions in her.

"Oho, Saadhu words." Rahul said sarcastically.

"Shut up yaar Rahul, ok don't you agree atleast 15% of what I said is true." Karishma said seriously.

"Mhm, yes." Rahul said.

"Then why not try changing that 15% of things, why don't you first work on how you phrase what you want to say." Karishma said with care.

"What do you mean?" Rahul questioned

"Your English is amazing, but the way you phrase your statements makes you sound like a rude person. I know that you care so I won't take that to heart but not everyone knows how you are. The way you phrase the statements in a wrong way is the main reason behind why you and Anjali always end up fighting." Karishma was saying this to help Rahul.

"I like fighting with her." Rahul started joking.

"Jaa yaar Rahul, mujhe tumse baat hi nahi karna hain.... Har waqt mazak sujtha hain tere dimaag mein. Ull uke patthe, gadha, kutte. Bye." Karishma became angry.

"Arey Karishma, maazak kar raha tha, mat jaa yaar... I'll listen to everything you say." Rahul said.

"Nahi." Karishma replied monosyllabically.

Rahul's trance broke when Atirma shook his shoulders and apologized to him for the rude behaviour of Nishika and Swetha. Atirma was unknown to the fact that what the other 2 said did not affect him but the flashback with Karishma was the reason behind the zoning out of Rahul. He shook his head negatively saying that he knew it was the care they had for Karishma and flashed a smile. Atirma led him to the room Karishma was in and gave hima reassuring look.

"Everything is going to be fine, don't worry and behave normally ok?" Atirma said to which Rahul nodded in agreement and walked into the room.

Karishma's POV

As I was internally cribbing about how boring this place is, the door opened. I already knew it was Atirma who had come to give the medicines and did not bother looking towards that side and turned my head to the other side. As I heard footsteps approaching towards me, I could smell a manly perfume. I turned my head towards that side only to see Rahul dressed in a blue tshirt and black pant. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him. Those feelings I had for him  were blooming again. I could feel the blush forming in my face and a shy smile forming hence bit my lips.

"Can't you be careful.... Songs, songs, songs, jab dekho songs. Matlab khud ka dhyaan  rakhna kab seekhogi. Thank god Raj was there nahi toh tera kya hota, ullu ke patte, gadhi, kutti." Rahul's rage mode was on.

"You have always been like this? I remember you loved scolding me in 9th and 10th but then after you apologized and we became friends still you keep scolding me, I thought you became nice by learning how to phrase statements in a non-rude way." My eyes started tearing up, my lips shivered and my ears became red and I broke out crying.

"Arey yaar, sorry." Rahul said and side hugged me slightly. It was weird. I was lying in the bed and he was hugging me.

"Koi nahi." I said.

"Khana laya hoon main, khaogi?" He asked.

"Puch rahe ho toh main kha leti hoon." I said smiling.

"Pakka Promise?" He questioned.

"Haan baba, promise, ab dey." I said

"Hmm" He replied.

"Ek minute, kya laye ho?" I questioned being suspicious.

"Capsicum, rice, karela aur palak gravy." He said smiling.

"Nahi, main nahi khane walli.... Gadhe, ullu ke patte." I said, despite knowing I don't like all this how dare he make me promise.

"Promise kiya hain ab break nahi kar sakti." He smiled.

"Abey, theek hain... khila.... Aunty ka palak toh mujhe accha lagta hain." I said, closed my eyes and opened my mouth.

He gave me the first bite and it did not taste like any of the things mentioned above... rather it tasted like dal chawal... I opened my eyes to see Rahul smiling at me for he managed to fool me. He remembers what I like and gives me only that. How could I forget that. I smiled and completed eating the food.

Guys comment, vote and let me know how you like the story.

Love y'all