3. Getting married

I'm getting married tomorrow.
I'm looking at my  hands filled with mehendi of his name. His name written on my hand. It's almost midnight I'm unable to sleep. Looking at the moon I'm wondering how my life is going to be from now on. I'll be married and I'll be the Queen of Suryavansh.

He gave me his word that we will take slow steps with our marriage but still I'm having marriage blues. Today in the evening my brother came to talk to me.

"Adeera hum bs tumse itna kehna chahte hai ki shaadi ke baad bhi Chandrabhaaga tumhara apna ghar hoga. Suryavansh se rishta jodnese humse rishta nhi tootega. Aur Yaad rakhna hum humesha tumhare saath hai."

"Adeera I just want to say that even after you're married Chandrabhaaga would still be your own home. Getting married into Suryavansh won't break your relationships here. And Remember I'm always with you."
He told me holding my hands. Assuring me he's got my back if I ever need.

"Bhaiya aapko nhi lagta Aaj aap jyada samjhdar baate kar rahe hai.."
(Brother don't you think today you're talking too maturely..)
I wiped a tear away from my cheeks and teased him whispering this words to him. Then we both started laughing. My brother has always been like another bestfriend of mine even though he's older than me I always found a friend in him. He then gave me his blessings and left.

My father and mother also came following my brother a few movements later.
This part got me really emotional and weak to be honest. I don't know who made this rule that daughters have to leave their maternal house after marriage and follow their husbands to their home.

"Adeera hum bs itni hi kaamna krte hai ki aap humesha khush rhe. Hum jante hai aap abhi shaadi nhi karna chahti thi pr hume Aditya pr poora bharosa hai voh aapko kabhi nirash karenge."

(Adeera I only wish for you to be always happy. I know you didn't want to get married yet but I have faith in Aditya he won't ever disappoint you.)
My father told me and we shared a family hug. My mom suddenly started crying making my eyes flooded with tears too. I cried a little and assured them that I'm happy and will be happy.

I had so many thoughts in my mind but I had to sleep or I would look exhausted at my wedding. While thinking and twisting and turning I finally drifted to sleep.

"Adeera wake up come on. It's your wedding!"
Mani shook me trying to wake me up.
I quickly got up listening to her.

"Chalo acha hai kam se kam Aaj toh ek awaaj mein jaag gayi."

(This is good. Atleast today you woke up at once.)
Mani came and sat beside me. I got up and sat straight trying to wake up fully. Told you I'm a heavy sleeper.

Then I got up and went to take a bath. Taking a bath is one of my favourite things to do. I feel so relaxed and good after a good bath.
I changed, draped myself with a thin white cloth and got into the small pool in my bathing room.

Attendees applied pastes and masks over my body and face following with chandan and oil in my hairs. They washed it then I sat in rose water mixed with my favourite scents for a while. Then I got out and changed into an another thin but dry white cloth and went straight towards my changing room.

There I wore my wedding blouse and skirt and sat infront of the mirror to get ready. After getting ready I looked at myself and it hit me that I'm actually getting married. In dark red and maroon Lahenga I was a bride to be married today.

I sat all ready on my bed waiting for my call from Panditji. After a few movements an attendee came to inform I was called at the Mandap.

I stood up and went towards the Mandap. All I could hear were my anklets, my bangles and my fasten heartbeats. I stood at the entrance a few steps away from Mandap. Everyone's attention got on me hearing my bangles and anklets.