8. First Kiss

After having dinner my mother-in-law took me to her chamber.
"Baithiye Adeera hamare paas aapke liye kuch hai."
"Sit Adeera I have something for you."

She sat me on the chair in her bedroom of her chamber. The room was not as big enough as his bedroom but it was beautiful too. Then my eye caught a painting. A portrait of a couple. I looked closely and the female looked so much like my mother-in-law. I was looking at it by then she came.

"Tum sahi soch rhi ho yeh hum aur Aditya ke pita hai, Suryamal."
"You're thinking right this is Me and Aditya's father, Suryamal."
She looked at the painting adoring it. It looked like they loved each other dearly.

"Accha ye chodo kabhi fursat se baat karenge , yaha aao."
" Okay leave this we'll talk some other day, come here."
We sat on the chair and I saw she was holding a small box. She opened it and took out two bangles.
"Yeh kangan ab tumhare hai. Khandani hai inka khayal rakhna."
"These bangles are yours now. They are ancestral so take care."
She made me wear those bangles and they were so pretty and exquisite. Gold bangles with gems studded on them. Oh and there was a small symbol of sun carved like design on both of them. They looked so beautiful.

"Ab lag rahi hai aap, Suryavansh ki bahu."
"Now you look, Suryavansh's daughter-in-law."
She said and I took her blessings by touching her feet.

I went back to my chamber.There I found Suvarna sitting in the meeting area.

"Aa gayi bhabhi aap. Ye tohfa aapke liye aur main chalti hu."
"Bhabi you're here. This gift is for you and I'll leave now."

She handed me a jwellery box and was about to leave but I stopped her.

"Wait Suvarna. Why are you in hurry?"
I asked her. And she turned to me smiling.
She came towards me and said in a slow voice.

"Aaj aapki suhagraat hai. Toh mujhe Jana chahiye na taki aap taiyaar ho sake."
"It's your first night. Ofcourse I should leave so you can get ready."
I immediately blushed at her words. I almost forgot about it.
She was waiting for my reaction but she saw me blushing and just smiled.
"All the best bhabhi." She said and left.

Right after she left Mani came.
"I have prepared your bath Adeera."
"Umm yes."

I went to take a bath. While changing into clothes. I saw that I had to wear a blood red Lahenga instead of night clothes which were light in colour and texture.

"Mani I don't think I need to wear this..do I?
I asked her and she kept looking at me like I was asking her the obvious.
"I mean we're not doing it...yet."

"Are you sure? Because you're face says the opposite."
She asked me teasing because my face was all red just thinking about it

I don't know why but I still got ready when I knew it wasn't happening today. And here I am waiting for him. Sitting on the bed. Wearing blood red Lahenga with all of the jwellery.
Looking like a bride I am. I was feeling nervous for nothing. So I took a glass of water to drink from the table beside the bed.

I kept the glass back after drinking and saw he was already here. Standing a few steps away at the door of the bedroom. Looking at me. No staring at me.

He slowly came towards me and sat on the corner of the bed. I shifted at my place a little and he smirked at my action.

"Weren't we going slow, Adeera? He said admiring my effort of getting ready for him. His eyes were roaming around me up and down from left to right. Like I was a prey and he's a predator.

"It's a ritual. So..maybe we could go first base."
I told him. But the very next movement I realised what I suggested. How shameless of you Adeera. You were the one who wanted time and now you're already talking about going first base just on your first night. I scolded myself in my mind.
He raised his eyebrows at my words. He was surprised too maybe. He then got up to reach out to a cupboard at a corner and took out a box.