18. Aditya's angry

Aditya's POV :

"Adeera whose ring is it?" I asked her while she stood there lost somewhere in her thoughts. My question brought her back. She looked here and there trying to find words. It felt like I caught her. Was she hiding something?

I couldn't take a proper look at it before she put it back inside the box but it wasn't hers for sure. It was bigger for her size. It must've belonged to a man.

I looked at her face waiting for her answer. And then she said,
"Umm no-one's. I mean its mine obviously." She told me and turned towards facing the mirror. Stealing eyes. There was definitely something.

"Is it? I never saw it before?" I asked her.
"Yeah it's..it's a family heirloom. I got it after wedding." She replied back. Still not meeting my eyes. Alright it could be a family heirloom if I'd didn't hear her talking to that ring or more precisely to whom that ring belonged to.

This thought brought me to a conclusion. I didn't want to think like that. I tried my best but my mind didn't listen to me and went that lane. Was she in love with someone? That's why she asked for time to forget him and move on with me.

Oh my god. Suddenly anger shooted up to my head and I went to take my clothes from my trunk. She saw I was taking my clothes out so she quickly went outside closing the door back again. And I threw the clothes in the trunk in anger.

I didn't want to think that way but connecting the dots brought me there. Everything seemed clear now. After all this time I felt betrayed. I love her so much that even a small thing hurts like hell. And this matter wasn't a small one.

She kept that ring with her as a memory. My anger went up more on this thought. I looked into the mirror and my expression was about I'd kill someone if they looked my way. I changed into clothes, got ready and stormed straight out of the chamber.

She stood up to stop me for breakfast but I went straight to the door then out of the chamber. She must've bee confused by my behaviour maybe. But if I stayed with her that movement I might've said things I don't ever want to, especially to her. I don't want her to face my anger.

Whole day my thoughts were a maze I was stuck in. I didn't have much matters to attend to so after the work was done I went for a walk in my gardens.

I didn't even have lunch. Nor went back to the chamber. Whole day I kept myself away from her. I needed to resolve my thoughts. I told myself I might be misunderstanding. But then why would she lie? I was in my thoughts when I heard her anklets from behind.

No she shouldn't be here right now.
"Adeera leave me alone."
I told her not turning back to face her. Then I realised I might've been too harsh with my voice.
"For now." I added and then I heard her leaving. Only then I turned back to look at her walking away. I can't even be angry at her properly afraid I might hurt her. I love her so so much. But then why she loved someone else?

And who the hell was that someone?

Today I was going to tell her truth about our marriage. Why I married her and about the treaty. But that ring changed it all.

I went back to the chamber late and I found she didn't have dinner and slept while waiting for me. How could she do that? Waiting for me for dinner but keeping some other man's ring with her. How could you Adeera?

While sleeping I kept a little distance. Not disturbing her sleep. It felt like suddenly an invisible wall became clear between us.

In the morning I woke up early and left before she woke up. She was a heavy sleeper so it wasn't that hard.

I didn't feel like having breakfast so I didn't. Maa brought me prasaad, so I just ate that. While having lunch I couldn't deny because I had a meeting with other ministers so I ate a little with them. That's all. I didn't meet her even once for the whole day. I was missing her so much but I was angry and hurt too.