CHAPTER-15

Do Vote and Comment

Reena felt bad as she saw Adheera trying hard to make her birthday special. 

He ordered her favourite chocolate ice cream cake for her, gifted an heirloom necklace to her, accompanied her to the temple and arranged a special pooja for her. 

He visited her mother with her and finally gifted her tickets for the premier show of the movie her favourite actor. 

"Papa, please don't strain. You have done a lot for me, that's enough." Said Reena with tears in her eyes as he handed the tickets. 

"Beti, this is a small return for a big favour. Raja must be free now, call him and you both go for the movie and dinner." Said Adheera. 

Reena nodded and called Rocky. 

Meanwhile Rocky had a great time with Karan playing paintball.

 "I have won all five matches today." Boasted Rocky. 

"Ya, you won and I owe you a treat. Let's go to our favourite pub." Said Karan. 

"Not today yaar, I have to go home." Said Rocky.

 "No, no no, we are going there today itself, else you will tell everyone that I lost to you. So, we are going and that's final." Said Karan.

 "It's Reena's birthday yaar, so I have to go home." Said Rocky.

 "Oh Oh..." teased Karan. 

"Hey it's not like that, she's a nice girl, she cares for me a lot." Said Rocky.

 "So have you fallen for her?" asked Karan. 

And Rocky was about to answer, but his phone rang interrupting them. 

It was Reena, "Hey birthday girl, what's up?" asked Rocky. 

"Rocky, Papa has gifted me tickets for a movie premier of my favourite actor, shall we both go?" asked Reena. 

"Mmm, ok..." started Rocky but he changed his mind and said, "Sorry Reena, let's do this some other time or you go with Papa or your mom or sisters, I have to go out with Karan." Said Rocky. 

Karan was surprised to hear this.

 "Oh." Said Reena disappointed and cut the call. 

"Hey, why did you say like that?" asked Karan. 

"Just a silly prank, I'll go home and surprise her." Said Rocky and left the place. 

Reena went to her room, she tore the tickets in anger and fell on the bed crying.

 She cried a lot and her eyes became swollen and heavy, she slowly slept. 

Rocky was driving to his house, he saw an old woman selling jasmine flowers on the other side of the road. 

He thought about Reena and how she adorned herself with jasmine flowers. 

He got out of the car crossed the road bought a few strings and he waited for the traffic lights to change for crossing the road. 

A man standing near a lorry chewing paan noticed Rocky, his eyes were filled with immense hatred for Rocky.

 He got into his lorry and drove the lorry at a high speed towards Rocky. 

Rocky did not notice this as he was very happy, he looked at the flowers in his hand and crossed the road with other pedestrians. 

He opened his car and kept the flowers in the passenger seat and was about to sit in the car.