S1 E4 - Worst Day Ever

Hen and I were setting up dinner when we heard Buck running up the stairs. He came up from behind me and reached over to grab asparagus out of the bowl.

Our shoulders brushed against each other, and I felt a tingly feeling in my stomach. I pushed that feeling away when I spoke to Buck.

"If you want some, just ask."

"I'm good I already ate."

I just roll my eyes as Hen scolded at him.

"You still owe me 20 bucks, Buck. Don't think I'm-a forget

"For what?"

"For the damn cookie bouquet that I delivered to Chimney."

"Just give her 20 dollars Buck. My god." I sigh before setting the food on the table. I turned to see Buck staring at Bobby.

"He's doing it again."

"What? Eating dinner?" Hen replies being so done with Buck.

"Staring into that book. Come on, you must have a line on the gossip around here. What is it? Why-why is he so obsessed with it?"

"All I'm gonna tell you about that book is to stay the hell away from it. Trust me." Hen says.

"Noted." I say.

"Well watch this." Buck says overconfidently.

"All right, Buck. When he pops you in that pretty face, just make sure it's on the side that's already got a mark."

Hen and I were talking when we heard a loud slam against the wall. My whole body flinched and froze. Hen turned to me and saw how uneasy I looked.

"Lia, you okay?"

Before I could reply the bell went off and I ran as quickly as I could to the pole and inside the truck.

*

"You guys ever seen something like this before?"

The four of us stand on the edge of the beach seeing a plane half sunk in the water, and hearing screams of terror.

"How long before that thing sinks?" I ask.

I look around seeing bodies in the water, and the water on fire.

"I don't think that plane can take four or five sets before going down." Bobby says.

Hen stays on the boat to help survivors on while Bobby, Buck, and I go in the water to help people stuck inside the plane.

As we head into the plane, we see a man tugging at his seatbelt.

"I can't get my seatbelt off. It's digging into my skin!"

"Sir, sir! Calm down. Pulling at it won't make it any better. Buck hand me my scissors."

We cut the seatbelt, but it still stays stuck on his skin. There's dried blood that's making it stick.

"Sir, we're going to rip it off on the count of three okay. Just take nice deep breaths. Buck hold his legs down for me. Okay, one.."

"Aahhh!"

"Just keep breathing." I say as I wrap each of his thighs individually with guaze.

"Bobby, get him to the raft."

Me and Buck reach the middle of the plane and see a little boy and mother still there.

"Are you guys stuck?" I ask.

"My son's not, but I am." She replies.

Buck goes to pull the chair but I realize her legs are pinned by it.