S2 E2/3 - 7.1 & Help is Not Coming

Today was a new day at the station, and we were all eating Bobby's delicious cooking. Fortunately my black eye had died down, and was now just turning yellow.

"You feel like you've missed your calling, cap?" Hen asks.

"Why? What are you thinking."

"Michelin-rated restaurant or short order cook." I suggest.

"Nah, I was thinking TV chef." Chim says.

"Just like how the food looks so good, but we can't eat it. Bell always goes off right when we go to sit down." I laugh.

"All right, speed round. If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing."

"Fighter pilot. Topgun. Call sign, Shogun."

"Seriously?" I snicker.

"Yes, seriously, Lia. What would you be then? Huh?"

Nurse, bartender, or I probably would have became a drug addict or something."

I take a sip of my water as everyone looks at me concerned.

"What? I was just kidding about the last part."

"Okay... anyways, what about you Hen." Chim says to break the awkwardness.

"Editorial cartoonist, The New Yorker."

"You draw?"

"No, it's a dream. It's not supposed to be attainable." Hen sasses.

"Yeah, topgun? You can barely drive, you rebar head."

Buck had came up the stairs while we were discussing this, and Eddie was downstairs cleaning the engine. He was still a probie after all. I remembered when that's alll I did. Clean, and clean.

"All right, Buckaroo." What would you be doing if  you weren't a member of the LAFD?"

"Uh, I'm not getting fired, am I?"

I just snicker and place a piece of my omelet in my mouth.

"He'd be a golden retriever."

"Nah, he'd be a bouncer at a strip club."

We all start laughing, but Buck was kind of just zoning out.

"Hey," I lightly nudged his shoulder. "You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just I'm tired, and traffic sucks here. Took me almost 2 hours to get to the call center then back here."

"Call center? Why'd you go there?"

"My sister got a job there."

"Sister?! When have you had a sister? You've never told me!"

"Well, we haven't talked for 3 years until yesterday. She was at my apartment. And you never told me about yours."

"Oh, sorry. And mines a different story. But when do I get to meet her?" I giggle.

"Soon. I promise. You'll be the first to meet her."

"Okay, well I'm going to go help Eddie with the truck now. Join me if you want."

"Okay."

I made my way down stairs, and I didn't see Eddie anywhere.

"Eddie?"

"Under here!"

He scared the living crap out of me as he yelled and appeared from under the truck.

"Jesus, you scared me."

"Sorry, just checking under the truck. I still need to clean the top too."

"I'll help with the top. You focus with underneath."