S1 E5 - Point of Origin

Once I was discharged from the hospital, Buck brought me back to my apartment, and we were able to talk about our situation since we did kiss.

I told him I did have feelings for him, and he had feelings for me. We had a little dinner with takeout a day a few days after I recovered a little, and we were officially girlfriend and boyfriend. We did both agree to take it slow, and to wait till we tell the others.

This also allowed for me to open up to him. I told him everything about my past. My parents, my mental health, my sister, the house fire, and my attempt.

*

A few weeks had passed, and it was my day back. The first call we were responding to was at a wedding reception. There was a structural collapse at the building they were in.

"Sixteen DOA so far. One victim impaled. They fell through two stories." Buck explains.

"I won't be surprised if that number goes up." I say.

"Savita! Savita!"

I see a man frantically running around looking for someone. I approach him to calm him down.

"Sir, sir! You need to calm down, okay? Are you hurt? Because if so, you need to get checked out."

"I'm fine! I- you need to find Savita! Please!"

"Sir, who's Savita?" I ask.

"My wife!"

Our main goal was to find Savita now.

"Hey!" I hear Buck yell from the other side of the room. "I think I see her!"

I grab my med bag and run over to him. There's a bunch of flooring on top of her, but I don't know how long it'll last before collapsing on top of her.

"Savita! Can you hear me?" I try my best to project my voice so she can hear me.

"Lia, she might be unconscious. She could still be alive."

"Let's hope so."

The rest of the team helps stabilize and remove the flooring that fell on top of her, and she starts to regain consciousness.

"Hey Savita. Your husband's worried sick about you. We got you though, okay?" I say.

I help her out and check for any injuries. She seems to be fine, just having minor scrapes and bruises. Just as I finished assessing her, Bobby picked up a piece of metal and stormed over to the owner.

I focused on helping other injured people until I heard Bobby yelling.

"That's Kal-Pal! That stuff's been banned!"

I flinch at his raised voice and I see Buck giving me his "you okay?" look. I nod and slowly walk towards Bobby. I didn't know why he went MIA since I was in the hospital, but maybe this was why he was so mad.

"Bobby?," he continued to yell. "Cap!"

"What!"

I flinched back a little and I could see an "I'm sorry" burning behind Bobby's anger. I let out a shaky breath before asking sternly.

"What's going on with you?"

"Just back off, Lia."

I scoffed in response before turning around and seeing Buck and Hen look at me with concern.