S2 E1 - Under Pressure

Today was one of the hottest days. This also meant one of the craziest ones. This meant people dropping on the streets, manic people, cars in the side of buildings, and god knows what else.

Today was definitely going to be all hands on deck. At least it would take attention away from the nasty looking black eye. The bruise had grown quite a bit since the last time they saw me.

"I got another DXA scan, and guess who dropped another half percent."

This was what I heard when I walked into the station this morning. There was some LAFD calendar that had men send in hot pictures of them for a competition. Winner had their picture in the calendar.

"They measure the fat in your head?" I ask sarcastically.

"You know what a DXA scan is?"

"Yeah. Had to prepare myself for you men and your submissions to that idiotic, reductive, sexiest calendar that insults the dignity of this organization and furthers the myth that all firefighters are male." I say.

"You said it." Hen says as she walks in behind me.

"Come on, the two of you, it's for charity."

"Really Bobby? You too?"

"They say a men is at his sexiest when he reaches 50."

"Okay, I do not need to hear that. All I'm saying is that they're only picking one person from each station."

"Well I think sorority houses should get ready for the new Asian sex symbol."

"Like you have a chance Chim."

"Buck!"

"Sorry! I'm just saying, I think I have the best chance."

"Oh really? Cause that, is a beautiful man. And I like girls."

All our heads turn to the locker room as Hen finishes her sentences. There he was. Standing shirtless, his abs literally glistening in the light. He looked like a fucking Greek god if I was being honest.

"Where's the lie, that is a beautiful man." I whispered to myself.

"Who the hell is that?" We could all sense Buck's jealousy, but I was too focused on the man standing there.

"Eddie Diaz. New recruit. Graduated top of his class just this week. Guys over at station six were dying to have him, but I convinced him to join us."

"What do we need him for?"

I snap my head back towards everyone else as they all start laughing.

"Guy served multiple tours in Afghanistan as an army medic. Guy's got a silver star. Heard he  likes to be eight-pack."

I just snicker in response.

"Come on, I'll introduce him to you."

"Eight-pack, huh? Say less." I whisper.

"Better drop some more body fat there, butch." Chim laughs.

I was about to walk with the rest of the group when Buck grabbed my arm. I flinch a little, but know that it's only Buck.