S3 E1 - Kids Today

"We're not late, are we?"

Me and Jack hurry down the stairs, meeting Michael the bottom.

"The guest of honor hasn't even arrived." He chuckles.

"Jack, Lia's boyfriend." Jack says, shaking Micheal's hand.

"Michael, nice to meet you."

The two introduce each other, and I rush to the kitchen to stick Buck's cake in Athena's fridge.

"Hey, Lia." Hen says as she comes from behind.

"Hey! How are you and Karen doing?" I ask.

"We're doing good."

"But I feel like a very weepy pin cushion." Karen laughs.

"I can't believe there could be another possible baby Wilson!" I say excitedly.

"Well, let's hope so!" Karen says.

"Excuse me, but I'm gonna go find Athena." I say as I give Karen a hug.

I walk towards the grill, seeing Bobby cooking, and almost run into Athena.

"Athena, just the person I was looking for." I chuckle.

I give her a hug, and the two of us walk back inside.

"So, how does it feel to be Grant-Nash? And congratulations again! I'm am not offended that we were not invited." I laugh.

"It feels great, and I'm so sorry." She says as she grabs plates.

"No worries. I get the idea of keeping it small."

I help her grab plates, and we head outside to the grill and Bobby.

"Lia, I see your walking all freely now." He says.

"Yup, doctor said I'm able to come back to work in a week. Can't wait. This recovery time is literally killing me." I chuckle.

"Well, we can't wait for you to be back at the station. Both you and Buck." He says.

"Yeah, I still can't believe Buck still healed earlier than me. He had a whole engine on his leg!" I exclaim.

"Hey, Chim healed in like a month after the rebar incident. Same with the stabbing, now that I'm thinking about it." Bobby says.

"Wow, my body truly hates me. Making me suffer by having to heal longer." I laugh.

"He's here, he's here!" I hear Hen yell.

Bobby shuts the grill off, and we make our way inside, waiting for Buck and Maddie at the bottom of the stairs.

As Athena greets them, we all yell, surprising Buck.

"Surprise!!"

He jumps back in shock, and a big smile instantly grows all over his face.

"Did you do this?" He asks as he points to Maddie.

"Yeah, yeah." She smiles.

He runs down, and Bobby pushes Eddie forward, letting the two hug.

"Alright, alright, it's my turn now. Move, Eddie."

I move Eddie away, and I give Buck a big hug.

"I'm proud of you." I whisper to him.

I move out the way, letting Bobby hug Buck. Everything was good in the moment, and it felt great. Something positive in these negative times.

Once everyone dispersed, Me, Chris, and Eddie, pull Buck outside. Chris hands him a card, and Buck smiles while he sees the drawing on it.

"Wow, thanks buddy. This is really great." He says.