S3 E8 - Malfunction

Lia's POV

After what seemed like months of therapy, Frank finally cleared me for work.

(sorry if you guys wanted more of Lia's recovery, but i kept getting stuck on what to write. i needed the emergencies!)

I was super excited to be back at work, expect for one thing. Buck.

Everyone else basically forgave Buck, but I sure didn't. And I didn't plan on it anytime soon.

*

"Chim, Lia, what's the story?" Bobby asks us as we walk over to him.

"It was-"

"These two children are abandoned in the woods. They come upon a gingerbread house where a witch entices them.." Chim says, cutting me off.

I clear my throat loudly, letting Bobby know I really knew what he was talking about, and for Chim to realize too.

"It was a multi-skater pile up." I explain. "Most of the injuries are minor expect for that guy."

"He lost four digits." Chim finishes and points at the patient.

"We gave him a local anesthetic for transport, but we still gotta find his fingers." I tell Bobby, and point to Eddie and Buck on the ice, looking for them.

"What about Hansel and Gretel?" He asks.

"Hansel took Gretel's blade to the torso." Chim explains as we walk over to them and Hen.

"We propped him up to minimize the damage." Hen tells us. "The skate's buried about 3 centimeters into his chest, barely missed the heart."

"He doesn't have a heart." The girl sasses.

"Really? We're doing this now?" The guy sobs, breathing heavily.

"Think you can cut her foot out of the skate so we can transport them?" Bobby asks.

"It'll probably be easy if they stop arguing." I sigh m.

"Yeah, then you might need to sedate her." "Hansel" groans.

Hen passes me a bag of fluids, and I hold onto it as her and Chim start to work on him.

"I need trauma shears. I can't find mine." Chim says, looking through his med bag.

"Check mine." I offer.

But before he can check, Hen passes something over to him.

"This is a laryngoscope." He says confused.

"Oh, right, sorry." She says, kind of dazed.

Me and Chim look at each other concerned, but we kind of just ignore it.

"What were you thinking? Breaking up with me an hour before show time?" She complains.

"I didn't wanna be distracted. You know, it's hard enough catching you mid-air at 15 miles an hour." He says.

"I'm not a frisbee, Boyd." She snaps. "I'm your partner. At least I was. You did this on purpose." She suddenly says.

"Impaled myself!?" Boyd says in shock.

"You thought I was leaving you behind, so you tried to hobble me, and it back fired. The kicker, Boyd, I wasn't even leaving."

"I know!" He exclaims.

I look at the two of them, and see Boyd clearly upset.

"That's why I broke up with you. Because you were gonna turn them down."