S1 E9 - Trapped

Chimney's POV:

Our shift had started an hour and a half ago, and Lia never came in. It wasn't like her to be late or miss a shift without notice. But I figured after last night with Bobby, she'd shut down a little.

I had asked Bobby if I could go run out and do something. I didn't mention it was Lia since he might have asked to come to apologize to her. When I go to her apartment and knock on her door, I didn't hear her, or any footsteps.

"Lia? You home?"

I started to grow worried after she hadn't answered her phone before, and now this. I was really hoping she hadn't hurt herself again.

"Lia. I just need to know you're okay. So please, can you open the door?"

There was still no response, so I used the key she gave me to open the door. After she told me about her past, she mentioned how she might need check ups once in a while. I guess this is what she meant.

"Lia?"

I close the door behind me and see Lia passed out on the couch. There's an almost empty bottle of wine, and an empty glass on the floor. I don't see any harmful objects, and there's no cuts on her arms, or anywhere else I could see. I nudge her a little as she wakes up.

"Hey, it's Chim. Our shift started almost two hours ago." 

I glance back at the wine bottle and glass.

"You okay?"

I see her flinch back after seeing me in front of her, but then she starts to tear up and cry. I immediately wrap my arms around her as she cries into my shoulder.

"I-I don't know a Chim. I don't feel okay."

"It's okay, I'm here."

I'm obviously glad that she didn't hurt herself, but drinking wasn't better. This wasn't the first time I saw her like this.

Lia's POV:

After my breakdown with Chim, and me sobering up, I was able to come into work late. As we drove to the station, I asked if Chim could keep this between us.

I was still pissed at Bobby, and I was sure he was pissed at me. So on the first call of my late shift, I kind of just ignored Bobby if I could.

"You got a guy trapped inside the compactor." Chim says.

"That's impossible. We haven't picked up any garbage yet."

We were responding to a call with a guy claiming he was stuck in a garbage truck. He called 911 saying that he fell asleep inside, and woke up when trash piled on top of him. He was stuck after that.

"We have the wrong truck? Are you fucking kidding me. That man might be crushed to death if we don't find the right truck, and fast."

"Lia's right, Bobby, we need to find the truck." Buck said.

With the help of dispatch and Athena, we were able to locate the correct truck.

"What kind of pressure does it operate under?" Hen quickly asks.

"I don't know. 2,000 PSI? Maybe more?"