obstacle

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"'taru, you should call your brother up soon - i think beni misses him,"

"i've tried, baby, but he's not answering - i mean, you know how busy that hero school must be for him...,"

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"thanks,"

beni practically gulped down the water that hawks had handed to her, sitting against the wall of the private gym in his kyushu agency building.

they had about two weeks until the sports festival, and he had been working her to the bone.

hawks sat down with a thump next to her as she drank.

"i can't wait to see you in action,"

beni practically buffered while putting the cap back on.

"you're not coming, though?"

this was one of the moments where she was reminded hawks was part bird, because the squawk that came from him sounded like something from animal planet.

"what do you mean?! i go through all this trouble to train you and i can't show up?!"

"we're not meant to know each other - you've never went before, so they'll be suspicion as to why you're suddenly showing up. just watch it at home like you always do,"

beni let the 'and you're way too loud to get away with not knowing me, either,' go unspoken between the two of them.

hawks let out a petulant huff and let his head fall against the wall as he mumbled, "good point,"

she gulped another mouthful of water down before continuing, "besides, its getting too close for comfort now - kishiko got ahold of me the other day,"

the man beside her practically flung himself off the wall.

"kishiko?! like, that kishiko?"

"...do we know any other kishiko's?"

hawks didn't respond, letting himself fall against the wall again.

"that's the first time, right?"

"yeah,"

"on your burner phone, as well?"

"uh huh,"

"aish...how?"

"i don't know - probably got tipped off or something,"

"but no one else knows, right?"

"i mean, i hope so - my principle does, though,"

"WHAT?!"

"now that i think about it - he's probably the one who told them,"

bastard said he doesn't want to get in trouble with the law, but knowingly called someone in the witness protection program? how does roasted rat taste?

a tense silence fell over the two before hawks pushed himself up with a grin and held out his hand to the girl.

"ready to get your ass beat again?"

beni huffed, "no,"

"oh, come on! momma didn't raise no quitter!"

"actually, my mother didn't really raise me at all - so i am, in fact, a quitter-,"

she didn't even have time to finish her sentence before she was yanked up and punched in the kidney.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟