Everything Will Be Fine

Rin's P.O.V.

"So you three have finished reading the case files that were to help you prepare?"

Yukio, Mizuki, and I were standing in front of Mephisto's desk. The clown himself was sitting down with his hands folded together in front of his mouth.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Yukio clench his fist and clench his teeth. He released a breath before responding. "Yes, but Mephisto. There was barely anything about the demon we are-"

"Great!" Mephisto clapped his hands, cutting Yukio off. "Then you should take the rest of the day to prepare mentally and physically. You're going to need it for tomorrow! Bye now!"

Yukio was openly gaping at how fast Mephisto was trying to end the meeting but snapped out of it quickly. "WAIT! But why-"

Mephisto raised a hand in Yukio's face cutting him off again. "Now, now. I know you like to have all the answers." He smirked. "But where's the fun in that? Now off you go!" And before we could blink Mephisto said his famous count and we were back in our dorm building.

We all just stood there for a minute in surprise before Yukio started scratching his head wildly in frustration. "This doesn't make any sense! Why wouldn't he give us more information about the mission if he has it!" He practically screamed. It caused Mizuki to jump and scoot closer to me. I don't blame her, it's not often Yukio gets frustrated to the point he is now.

"I mean-" Yukio continued his rant. "I would understand if he didn't have the information, it's not uncommon that we have to go in blind for a mission, but the little amount in the folder doesn't even say why we need to go. 'Search for a demon, just because' is not a reason!" Yukio started pacing, with his arms waving. "What if we're running into another trap because he wants entertainment again?!"

Okay, I could see his point but, "What if it's not a trap?" That caused Yukio to pause and whip his head around to me. His brow twitched but he stayed silent. "I mean, yeah it could be, but what if it was really important that we go? He wouldn't just give a mission that excluded all the other exwires, especially after that prophecy he just showed us. Right?"

Yukio stayed silent but finally nodded and relaxed his shoulders. "Yeah, maybe you are right." He took his glasses off and cleaned them with his shirt. "I going to get ready then and head to bed. If we need to be as prepared as he said then we should start now." And with that, he turned to the hallway to walk upstairs.

Mizuki and I were left in silence. I could tell she was nervous but chose not to voice it. "Hey," I said softly. "Are you okay with going tomorrow?"

She slightly froze but then relaxed and gave a small smile. "Yeah. Just... wonder what will happen."

I sighed. "Me too, but we should be okay. Plus, I rather Yukio not go alone." I paused before asking. "You know you don't have to go right?"

Her smile dimmed before coming back brighter. "I know, but Lord Mephisto said it be best I go along to help so, I'm determined to help in any way I can."

I was awed by her determination and a little worried about what trouble it could get her into but figured I cross that bridge when I got to it. "Yeah, okay." I smiled. "Then it's best we follow Yukio's lead and prepare for tomorrow." Now that I think of it, she doesn't have anything here besides the extra toothbrush I gave her.

"Hey, Mizuki? Are you okay with borrowing some of my things until we can get you your own stuff? Maybe we'll even have time to buy stuff after the mission."

"Really?" She asked with a head tilt. "You're okay with that?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" It's not like it would kill me to give away some of my things.

"Then yeah, I'd like that Rin." Her smile was soft. "Thank you."

"Its no problem Mizuki." We stood in silence for a moment before we heard a thump from upstairs that startled Mizuki. "Eh, we should follow Yukio's example and head up."

"Right," Mizuki smiled, before turning towards the stairs and heading up.

Once I was sure she was upstairs I released the breath I was holding. Hopefully, tomorrow isn't as stressful as we think. Maybe we're just worried about nothing. If not Satan help us.

Third P.O.V.

Back with Mephisto who hasn't moved from his spot, he let out a sign. "Oh dear. Seems I didn't let him finish, oh well." He shrugged to himself. Well not really. "You do know you can come out? The kiddies are gone. No need to hide in the shadows like monsters stalking their prey."

"Who the hell are you calling a monster you clown?!" Iblis screamed as she stepped out into the light provided by the moon.

"Holy father, shut up you harpy!" Egyn was next. For two people who couldn't stand each other, where one was the other wasn't far behind.

"Please don't speak ill of Father's name, we'll never hear the end of it." Lucifer drawled.

"Oh please, the old bastard is probably listening in already." Beelzebub.

"Squeak!" Amaimon with a lolly pop bigger than him.

"Get out of that damn form you sugar-loving freak." Astaroth

"Can we get back to the point? I have better things to do than listen to all of you argue like children." Azazel

Iblis rolled her eyes. "Oh please," she scoffed. "The only thing you do is laz around." She ignored the growl he gave her, turning back to Mephisto. "Was it really a good idea not to tell them why this particular demon is important? How do you even know they're the ones being sent?"

Mephisto gained a sharp grin. "A hunch you can say, dear sister. And if they aren't well that's one more minion we can get rid of."

Lucifer signed rubbing his forehead. "Father is not going to like you sent his youngest."

"Yeah," Astaroth groaned. "Damn bastard plays favorites too much."

"Now, now," Mephisto waved away their concerns. "Father knows they can handle themselves, and if he really feels that they are in trouble, he'll probably just possess one of them. It's not like their bodies can't handle it."

"Yukio-" Egyn tried to protest but Mephisto cut him off.

"Yukio will be fine."

There was silence before Beezlebub spoke up. "You think?"

"Well saying he was affected by the holy water thrown on him and Rin by the exwires, I have a pretty solid idea what's happening. Wouldn't you?" Mephisto's grin came back stronger.

"Then we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds," Lucifer signed as he looked out the open window into the still night.

"And if the future is not one we can handle?" Iblis asked.

"Than, Satan, help us all." Lucifer signed.