Back So Soon?

Rin's P.O.V

Yes! Finally, they were leaving! They spent the rest of their time here embarrassing me and asking Mizuki questions. I thought even demons knew the code of don't-embarrass-your-younger-brother in front of his potential mate!

I tried not to do a happy dance once they all finally flashed away, but I couldn't help it. I even attempted to add the wobble into the little dance number.

I almost tried to do a split but a wave of laughter interrupted my dance number causing me to freeze in an awkward position. Oh right, Mizuki is still here.

From the corner of my eye, I could see she was turning a new shade of red from laughing. Maybe even purple, I don't think that's a healthy color. She tried to gasp out words but she could never pause long enough to complete a word.

So much for my brothers embarrassing me. Think I'm doing a pretty good job of that all by myself. I gave up on trying to calm her down when she ended up on the floor. So instead I started cleaning.

Good thirty minutes later I was down to my last plate, stupid hungry brothers when a mop of brown hair finally peeked into the kitchen. Mizuki's face was still a bit red and she had tear streaks all along her cheeks.  

I raised an eyebrow "You done now?" I received a chuckle and a head nod. "Good cause it's time for bed."

I swear when the last word left my mouth the look she gave me made me feel like I kicked a puppy. Mizuki's tall deflated along with her ears. She pouted her lips and downcast her eyes with a loose arm cross.

Damn it! She already had me wrapped around her finger and it's only day two! "Please Mizuki, I'm begging you. Have mercy on me." I begged. Hell, I even went on my knees while begging. I swear if she asked me to do something and included that look, I may actually do it, no matter the consequences I may face.

She gave a confused head tilt look which made her even more adorable, before shrugging her shoulders and turning to head upstairs. God Rin, you were just complaining how pathetic your older brothers were but it seems I'm the same.

"Rin!"

"Shit!" Damn my heart hurts. There's only so much a demon prince can take from his mate in a day. "Yes, Mizuki?"

She giggles, how cruel! Doesn't she see I'm suffering enough? "Your sister, Iblis, said something about how we're practically family. What does she mean?" 

Crap! Did she remember that? "Um~, it's a funny story actually. See... I... we're... um..." Her green eyes stared at me with curiosity aflame in them. "It's a lot to take in... can I tell you tomorrow?"

The flame went out quickly and was replaced with disappointment. I don't what to see her disappointed, it's like I failed her. "Um, yeah, sure." She turned and started up the steps but stopped after the first one. "Rin?"

"Yeah?"

It was small, but I caught the faintest smile on her lips as she gave me a quick glance over her shoulder. "Goodnight." And with that, she was off.

"...Night."

~Time Skip~

Yukio's P.O.V

Ugh finally home. Thank the lord that the mission was over, and we finished earlier than we thought!

Stepping up to the old dorm, something felt off. But I just couldn't think of what. Maybe it has something to do with what happened to Rin this weekend. 'I wonder what he did to keep himself busy. Hopefully nothing too stupid and reckless.'

Climbing the stairs I debated or not if I should check on him and sadly, my concern won. I slowly opened his door as quietly as I could to not disturb him. He was out but slept quieter than I remember him being and not as wild.

I shrugged it off and headed to my room only to see a lump in my bed, snoring away. 'What the hell?' Inching closer while pulling out a gun, I lifted the clovers to see it was...

RIN?!?!

'If he's in my room who the hell was that?!' 

All rational thinking behind me, I grab the nearest thing and pulled to wake him up. Too bad for Rin, it was his tail...

"HOLY SHIT!!!" He quickly snatched it back from me and started to... comfort it?

"You wanna explain to me why you are in my room and someone else is in yours."

Rin's P.O.V

Shit! One minute I'm dreaming a wonderful dream, the next thing I know Yukio pulled my tail and is demanding answers while glaring at me. 'Why me?'

How do I explain this? Do I just give him the truth or lie? God damn it, he wasn't supposed to be back yet! I decide to avoid and change the subject tactic. "Wait, why are you here? You weren't supposed to be back till later tonight, not this god-forsaken hour in the morning."

Without missing a beat, or changing his expression, he responded. "We finished the mission early and decided to head back right away. Now stop trying to change the subject and explain, or do I just need to go over there and ask the person myself?"

Was that a threat? I detected a tone of a threat in his voice, and I'd be damned if I let him go over there and wake my mate just to threaten her. "You wouldn't dare," I growled while slowly coming to a stand.

I meant to just tell Yukio to back off but then I felt something that pissed me off more but left me worrying. Something is wrong with Mizuki. Did he do something already?! I swear...

A flash of fear and confusion went through Yukio's eyes. "Rin?"

Mizuki's P.O.V

"You little brat! Get your ass back here! I FUCKING KILL YOU!~"

"No please stop..."

"You should have died instead~"

"I'm sorry..."

"Your nothing to me~"

"NO!"

...Damnit not another one. I need to get over it. It's been years. 

I can't go back to sleep now. Maybe Rin won't mind staying up with me. As soon as I got up I felt anger and worry, but why?

"RIN?!"

Who? I run to the room Rin was in. What I see, I wish I hadn't.

There stood Rin, tail furiously lashing about with blue flames surrounding him. He was pinning something against the wall. No not something, someone. His hand was wrapped around the throat and it looked like the person couldn't breathe.

"Rin... stop... please..." I heard them whisper.

He couldn't kill him. Rin's too nice, he wouldn't... "Rin! Stop! Don't kill him please!!"

Rin's body froze as his grip loosened till he dropped the person. The flames went down till they were completely gone.

A choking cough is what brought me back into motion to push past Rin to see if the guy was okay. I don't know what he did to make Rin mad, but it must have been serious. 

Now getting a good look at him, I could see he had brown hair with three moles on his face. Behind his glasses he had blue eyes, they looked similar to Rin's eyes. He was rubbing his neck and once he removed it I could see red in the places Rin had been choking him.

I was about to ask him if he was alright but Rin pulled me back behind him looking me over for some reason.

Before Rin opened his mouth but the guy on the floor cut him off, "Rin? What's going on?"