Yes Stor... You Cook?

Mizuki P.O.V.

I hopped in the shower getting all the dirt and grime off me after spending so much time in that forest. Now that I think about it, I haven't had a warm shower in a long time. Falling out of that tree seems to be paying off.

I let the water run through my hair and think about Rin. He seems like a really nice person, I mean who lets a random stranger who fell out of a tree come into their home and use their shower and offer medical supplies? To a demon no less.

Speaking of demons, what type he is? He definitely more of a humanoid demon but you can still sense he has this wild instinct. I know for sure he isn't the same type as me. He seems much more powerful. I've only sensed that type of arura around a demon king, but there are only 8 and none have his name.

His powers seemed weakened like he hasn't let them reach their full strength. Maybe he's hiding from something, but what? Doesn't he know not letting his powers out to their full extent could cause his more demon-like instincts to come out? He'd probably kill hundreds.

I sigh and turn off the water stepping out. I wrap a towel around me and head to the mirror, whipping off the condensation that built up on the glass. As I stare at my reflection my thoughts wander back to Rin again. For some reason, I can't get him out of my mind since I've met him.

He was of average height though still taller than me. If he is a demon he is definitely not done growing. Even though he didn't look like much I could still tell he was strong. He had navy blue hair with bangs that fell on his face. A blank expression that looks as if he tries to hide his emotions from everyone around him. And his eyes. They look so dull and lifeless like he has no more reason to live. They look even more guarded than his facial expression. I wonder what happened? Maybe I could fix it and make him give a real smile?

That put a hard brake on my thoughts. Wait, a real smile? Why does it matter to me? I've just met the dude. I mean there is one possibility but that's impossible... right?

I give my head a hard shake and start pulling on the clothes I borrowed from Rin, I'm just gonna have to ask him.

I head back to the door I believe is Rin's but as I get closer I hear two voices. I try to eavesdrop.

What... mean...?

...Satan...have...help...control...rampage.

So this...helped...I went...that day?

Yes. ...know...it is? ...help a lot.

I-

I take another step. The floor creaks.

I silently curse as both voices quiet down. A hushed whisper is passed between the two before a 'poof' sound takes its place.

Well, I was already caught might as well show my face. I take a deep breath and open the door. I look around only to see Rin laying in the bed reading an old-looking journal, looking like he's been there the whole time.

There was no sign of another living thing being there. I know I heard two voices but where did the second one go? They didn't come through the door and I know no one is crazy enough to jump out the window... right?

Gosh being in here only about an hour has me questioning everything I thought. And I still have to ask Rin questions! Oh man, I'm gonna lose it before the day is even over.

I rub my hands over my eyes. Rin doesn't seem to notice my presence or is completely ignoring me. How rude!

I clear my throat. He looks up, puts on a surprised face, then goes back to being blank.

What is he hiding?

Rin's P.O.V

Mizuki and I are just staring at each other. Everything seems calm but my head is rushing a mile per second. What if what 'he' said is true. Would Mizuki be fine with it? Oh man, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. Imagine trying to talk to her about it!

We are still staring and I could sense she was getting uncomfortable with the awkward silence. To be honest I was too. I stand, startling her a bit but she quickly composes herself acting like she didn't just jump.

I bush it off not wanting to make her feel more uncomfortable than she already is. "Do you want to get something to eat and get bandaged up while we wait or...?", I trail off so she can throw in an option.

She nods, "Yeah, food and bandages sound good." She moves out the way so I can show her to the kitchen.

I grab the first aid kit that was sitting on my desk and lead her to our next destination.

The whole way there she was quiet and I can feel her shooting lasers at the back of my head, almost like she was trying to drag any information I had in there out.

Reaching the kitchen I turn and nod my head to the counter to indicate that I want her to sit there. She gets the message. "Do you need help or do you think you can do it by yourself?"

She moves her injured arm and winces a bit, "I can manage myself, thanks."

I decided it be better if I didn't make a snarky comment and let her be, "Alright, what do you want to eat then."

She rose a brow "You can cook?"

"Yes, I can."

"You?"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?! "Yes, and I heard I am pretty good. Now, what do you have a taste for?"

She looked me up and down like she couldn't believe I actually can, why are people so judgmental these days, before shrugging. "Don't know. Why don't you just make your favorite dish and surprise me."

I roll my eyes and get to work.