The Demon? Girl? Demon Girl?

Rin's P.O.V

I've been standing outside the dorm building for quite some time just looking at it. 'Whelp no point in just staring at it.' Ruffling my hair I make my way inside. Closing the door I just notice how quiet it is, too quiet. "Kuro?" Huh, usually he would've greeted me by now. "Kuro!"

Still nothing. Where is that cat? I head upstairs and towards my room still calling for Kuro. Yukio and I thought it would be a good idea to have separate rooms since we have the whole dorm building to ourselves. Well, it was mainly Yukio's idea, I just went along with it. Now his room is across from mine. Speaking of rooms "Kuro!" I'll check there.

I open the door and hear a soft snore coming from my bed. I slowly walk over and lift the covers to see exactly who I was looking for. "I've should have known."

I watch as he sleeps peacefully wishing I could do the same but I can't with all these thoughts running through my head. 'Maybe a walk and some fresh air will help'. I grab Kurikara and head out towards the woods.

I reach the edge of the forest before I feel a weird sensation in my gut. It feels as if something is going to happen and I need to go in a certain direction. But what is causing it? Brushing it off I continue walking and let my thoughts take flight.

What if I left? Would the Vatican send to get me back or for my head?
What if I died? Would anyone actually care? Would Yukio just move on a be happy not having to deal with the burden of having a destructive demon for a twin?
What if I never yelled at Shuro? Do I even still deserve to speak his name?
What if I never got my powers? If Yukio and I were both too weak to possess them?
What if Shuro killed me when he had the chance instead of giving me a chance at life? Could Yukio have a better life or would he still see demons? Would Shuro still be alive and making jokes?
What if mom never met Satan? Yukio and I wouldn't have been born, would we?
What if the blue night never happened? Would I be treated differently or would I still be looked at in disgust?
Why did Satan actually start the blue night? What was his goal? His reason? Did he win or fail? What did he gain?

Normal P.O.V

As Rin continued to walk lost in thought, there was a shadow hidden by the trees. Rin just continued to walk, not taking notice of his surroundings. But he caught whatever it was attention and it was now following him out of curiosity. Rin smelt like a demon but where was his tail? Did the exorcist catch him and cut it off to have as a trophy?! He seemed like a powerful demon so that could be the reason. Oh, the poor soul. Not paying attention to its surroundings it jumps on a weak branch that gives off a snapping sound before it breaks.

Rin's P.O.V

I was taken out of my thoughts by a snapping sound and a thud. My tail slipped from under my shirt from the surprise but I wasn't really worried about it. I stopped walking and finally took notice of my surroundings only to notice an unknown presence behind me. Something or someone was following me, but why? I grab Kurikara and get ready to draw it just in case the 'thing' wanted a fight.

I waited to see if it would make the first move but no such luck. Focusing more on my senses I pinpoint its location and figure out it's a demon. It's lower than me but still has a high strength level. Debating my options I call out, "I know you're there and that you're a demon! Just come out already!"

His enhanced hearing picks up a few grunts of pain before he sees a silhouette of the culprit. He squints to see if he can get a better look but nope. Sighing I speak again as I slowly lower Kurikara. "Look I'm not looking for a fight so can you please come into the light so I can see you?"

I could see it shift before it starts to walk into the light. The first thing I notice is that they are barefoot and in tattered brown pants. A brown tail swish behind them a bit stiff, guess they're scared. For some reason that bothered me. As their torso appears I notice that they are actually a she. Whoops! She has on a ripped-up green shirt and is clutching her left arm. I think she landed on it when she fell out of the tree... hopefully, she heals fast. Finally, I see her face. She has long brown hair with a bit of curl that goes down to her hips and the most striking green eyes I've ever seen. They seem bright and full of life, unlike my dull blue ones. Her cheeks have this natural blush to them that makes her seem so innocent. She has a small button nose that goes with her naturally pink lips. Her ears are covered by her hair but you can still see the pointed tip of them.

The girl gives a sheepish smile showing off her sharp fangs, and of course, I say the dumbest thing possible at this moment. "You're a demon? A Girl? A demon girl?"