A Regular Day

Rin's P.O.V

"Why do they still let you in here demon? You could destroy us all!" Great another day of their disgusted faces. Maybe they're right, the Vatican only keeps me here as a weapon. My flames are dangerous and have killed many before. 'Maybe I should leave for everyone's sake?'

Normal P.O.V

Yukio rubbed his face as he walked into his class to see everyone, even Rin surprisingly, seated. He set up his stuff for his lesson plan for the day on his desk before taking a look around. The trio was whispering and glancing at Rin from time to time. Shiemi is talking to Nee while Izumo is sat next to them looking bored. Then Rin was spaced out... again. Great just another day of playing 'how long can you keep Rin's attention.'

"RIN!"

Rin's P.O.V

Hearing my name being called, I jump and quickly come out of my thoughts just to see Yukio giving me an all too familiar look. I mask my surprised look and put on a blank face "Yes, Mr. Okumura?"

He sighs and rolls his eyes, well the feeling is mutual. "Please pay attention, class is going to begin." I just nod to give my answer that I understand. He turns and starts teaching.

Slowly I start slipping back into my thoughts from earlier. 'Would Yukio care if I left? Or better yet, died?'

Bon's P.O.V

Tsk, stupid Okumura. Why is he even in this class? He doesn't even pay attention! All he knows how to do is cook and destroy things. I voice my thoughts to Shima and Koneko.

Shima looked confused and Koneko kept looking at the spaced-out Demon as if he would hear us and end us right there.

"Bon please try to keep it down, you could make him mad" Koneko explained. He looked so agitated and scared that I almost felt sorry, but I want to piss Rin off. I've hadn't had an argument with the idiot demon in a while. Not since he was revealed as Satan's son.

Shima shook his head and waved our words off. "You guys are ridiculous. If he wanted to kill us he would have done it by now. Maybe we're wrong about him?" he shrugged.

His words pissed me off instead. How can he say that? Doesn't he remember what those flames did to our families?! "He still posses the blue flames and is the demon spawn of that monster!" I whispered yelled. He acts like this is a joke.

Koneko started shaking "Bon is right. 16 years ago almost 17, those flames murdered people for no reason. Who's to say Rin won't do that same thing with them in the future?"

Shima gave us a disappointed sigh and look. "That may be true but that wasn't Rin who willed them to do that. Rin couldn't have been but just a baby when that happened. Honestly guys. It's like you forget he's also half-human and our age sometimes." With that, he turned around to focus on Mr. Okumura's lesson.

'Hmm... maybe Shima is right...' I thought taking a quick look at the oldest Okumura.

(Time-skip)

Yukio's P.O.V

The bell rings signaling the end of the class. I hear chairs scraping the floor as my class stands up and gets ready to leave for their weekend break. I also start packing my stuff before remember something I had to tell Rin. Speaking of him... "Rin!"

Rin stopped right as he was about to walk out the door and turned around to face me. He gave me another blank look with a monotone voice like he's been doing for the last few weeks now. Or has it been months? "Yes, Mr. Okumura?"

"I meant to tell you that I will be leaving on a mission in an hour and won't be back until Sunday night."

Rin nods "Anything else you need to tell me, Mr. Okumura?"

"No, that was it. You may take your leave now." I watch as he gives a final nod before heading out the door to our dorm building... hopefully.

I finish and head out but on my way, I start to think. What is going on with Rin? What happened to his cheerful happy self? Why doesn't he call me four-eyes or mole face, not that I'm complaining, but still? When did this new personality start? All these questions kept popping up in my head. Non had answers and only kept creating more.

'Maybe I'll find out what happened to Nii-San when I get back... hopefully.'