The Sighting of the Siren

Shadow

I stood there staring at the siren, still frozen in shock.

Sirens...are real...holy chaos...

The siren stared back, a low growl sounding in its throat. It's sharp emerald green eyes staring intensely at me.

I gasped and stumbled for a moment snapping back to reality.

"Okay, Sirens are real...sirens...are real...and there is one right in front of me." I gasped.

It clicked and spat, wriggling around some more, clearly trying to break free.

I huffed.

Siren or not, I wasn't just gonna leave it here to die. It looked...too mobian for me to kill or just leave here.

I slowly approached the trapped siren and it hissed, snapping it's shark like teeth at me.

"Hey! Stop that! I'm helping you." I snapped.

It shut up and stopped trying to bite me, but the growl was still present.

I crouched down and pulled out my pocketknife.

It yelped and snarled.

"I'm not gutting you! Calm down! This is to cut you loose, dammit." I snarled.

It was quiet was more.

I could now see the siren much closer, as I cut away at the fishnet, tangled around it's arms and tail.

It looked male, and was a hedgehog much like me, but it's quills were long and curved more downwards. They also were an elegant sapphire blue, matching it's sharp green eyes, and they also had peach arms and a peach stomach patch as well. It also had on three strings of necklaces. One had a gold chain and pendant and one was a pearl string and the third was wooden beads on twine.
They also had in earrings of gold and pearl and polished emerald.
Their largest earrings were white ovals made of wood. [Think Princess Monoke]

You could see the gills and scale like patterns on their neck, arms, and muzzle, so even if they didn't have the fish tail they wouldn't look normal.

Their tail was shades of green and gold, and a small scar etched on the bottom.

They were actually quite magnificent with their unique and elegant traits, but they acted like a wild animal.

I cut the last rope and pulled off the net, untangling the siren. It wriggled free and then immediately skittered to the water.

I sighed and got back up on my feet, and it watched from the shallow waters, it's slitted green eyes watching my every move.

"You're welcome. You don't need to thank me or repay me. I guess...I dunno, let other sirens know that Captain Shadow ain't interested in attacking you." I said, shrugging.

The siren lifted it's head above the water and tilted it in curiosity, it's eyes dilating and looking more mobian.

"Yep, well, it was nice to meet you and now I'm going to head back to the bar and hope that you're just some drunk vision and not a real thing! Maybe I'll just sleep all this off and hope it was a dream..." I sighed. "First that Black Sea melody, now this..."

I walked away from the beach and I could hear the clicking and soft chirps from the shore getting fainter and fainter.

I headed back up into town, the recent events running through my head.
Who was that siren? Was I hallucinating? Was I going crazy? Were sirens actually real?

I mean, if they were real, I wouldn't be the only one who believed in them. But...what would my crew think?
They all knew I had never believed in them, but now I couldn't say that they don't when I had just seen one in the flesh.